New field turf for 2013

This light green tone is better.

And indeed, as has been speculated, it is a little darker of a light green per John Ingram.

“The lighter green is not quite as light as the light green we put in in 2005,” Ingram said, confirming what Husker fans on social media have been saying about leaked pictures for more than a week. “I prefer this one. Looks a bit more like a freshly mowed grass. I think fans will really like it. By design, we wanted it to look more like real grass. The lighter green before was a little bit too light.”

This light green tone is better.

And indeed, as has been speculated, it is a little darker of a light green per John Ingram.

“The lighter green is not quite as light as the light green we put in in 2005,” Ingram said, confirming what Husker fans on social media have been saying about leaked pictures for more than a week. “I prefer this one. Looks a bit more like a freshly mowed grass. I think fans will really like it. By design, we wanted it to look more like real grass. The lighter green before was a little bit too light.”

VINDICATION!

Landlord, you owe me a congratulations on that one :)

Why is TOM OSBORNE FIELD upside down when viewed from the stands? Seems backwards to me.

TV I'm sure.

If it was for TV, wouldn't they both be facing the same way, like the Big Ten logos?

That is true. Maybe they think the one on the opposite side of the field will be easier to see, i.e., no people in front of you or people on the sidelines blocking your view. :dunno

Anyone know the mechanics of this placing the rubber and cork deal? I have only played on the stuff, never saw it installed; I thought they put that stuff down first and then put the turf over it; how do they get that junk in there with the turf already down? Maybe this is a silly question.

Why is TOM OSBORNE FIELD upside down when viewed from the stands? Seems backwards to me.

TV I'm sure.

If it was for TV, wouldn't they both be facing the same way, like the Big Ten logos?

That is true. Maybe they think the one on the opposite side of the field will be easier to see, i.e., no people in front of you or people on the sidelines blocking your view. :dunno

Yeah, I think its makes it easier to see, your eyes tend to look across the field, not down at the near sideline.

TV I'm sure.

Yeah, I think its makes it easier to see, your eyes tend to look across the field, not down at the near sideline.

This all brings on an important question.... Does it matter?

Anyone know the mechanics of this placing the rubber and cork deal? I have only played on the stuff, never saw it installed; I thought they put that stuff down first and then put the turf over it; how do they get that junk in there with the turf already down? Maybe this is a silly question.

i think it gets raked in. Someone earlier in the thread said they saw them unloading the raking contraption yesterday. it's also part of the maintenance of field turf is to rake it so often and such. At least from what I've read and heard.

i think it gets raked in. Someone earlier in the thread said they saw them unloading the raking contraption yesterday. it's also part of the maintenance of field turf is to rake it so often and such. At least from what I've read and heard.

Saw someone on Twitter say that the cork acts as the dirt for the turf, and provides the traction, etc. It was also said that the sole purpose of the grass fibers were appearance.... So there's that....

I asked the guys laying the carpet this very question. They use a device like a road sweeper that combs the "grass" up while they dump the cork/rubber/sand mix into it. Kinda like this:

6bb2eca4668e531bab328346c780e163.jpg

• Fire 1

I asked the guys laying the carpet this very question. They use a device like a road sweeper that combs the "grass" up while they dump the cork/rubber/sand mix into it. Kinda like this:

6bb2eca4668e531bab328346c780e163.jpg

Who the hell are you?