I think it's rare when USC and Nebraska go after the same recruits, or really end up as the Top 2 choices for that recruit, however it looks like that's the case for DT/TE Peyton Newell. http://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Newell-19862

I can see all of the crystal ball predictions have picked NU. Do y'all still feel really good about landing this recruit and how high up is he on NU's board, for his position? Is NU looking at him as a DL or a TE? If 1=low and 10=high, what do you see as the likelihood of Peyton going to NU?

I've seen a lot of "pro-USC" comments from him in the past couple months, but I didn't know if that was just media spin. I believe Peyton is coming to our Showcase Camp in late July and he's looking to make a decision by the end of the summer.

We feel pretty confident about Peyton becoming a Husker, been up to Lincoln multiple times. Being recruited as a DT I believe, and he's one of our top targets overall. I would give the likelihood he goes to Nebraska at a 7. A visit to USC would def scare me though.

I would rate my confidence at 9. He's been here 4 times, and this ones in our backyard. Recruiting him for DT. When it comes down to it playing close to home in front of his family will finally pay off for us.

If he actually makes it down for the showcase ( I've heard it's a maybe ) I will drop it to a 7, but I don't think he ends up going, which would put it to a 10.

I would rate my confidence at 9. He's been here 4 times, and this ones in our backyard. Recruiting him for DT. When it comes down to it playing close to home in front of his family will finally pay off for us.

If he actually makes it down for the showcase ( I've heard it's a maybe ) I will drop it to a 7, but I don't think he ends up going, which would put it to a 10.

For once, for once we actually might get a recruit because we are the close to home school. I'm not sure I know how that feels.

For once, for once we actually might get a recruit because we are the close to home school. I'm not sure I know how that feels.

Like climbing a rope in gym class?

I think it's rare when USC and Nebraska go after the same recruits, or really end up as the Top 2 choices for that recruit, however it looks like that's the case for DT/TE Peyton Newell. http://247sports.com...on-Newell-19862

I can see all of the crystal ball predictions have picked NU. Do y'all still feel really good about landing this recruit and how high up is he on NU's board, for his position? Is NU looking at him as a DL or a TE? If 1=low and 10=high, what do you see as the likelihood of Peyton going to NU?

I've seen a lot of "pro-USC" comments from him in the past couple months, but I didn't know if that was just media spin. I believe Peyton is coming to our Showcase Camp in late July and he's looking to make a decision by the end of the summer.

From what he has said in the past he seems to really love Nebraska as well as the thought of playing with some of the guys that were here for BRW. From what he has said I am more a lil worried about the Gamecocks!! Lets hope for a BOOM though!!

Like climbing a rope in gym class?

Unless it's got alot of knots in it there is no way I'm climbing up a rope. I liken it to not understanding how it feels for Hedley to love man plums.

• 2 weeks later...

I see what you mean, a little over 2 hours drive isn't bad. Do any of y'all know if the upcoming SECNetwork will be available to your cable providers out in NE/KS?

I see what you mean, a little over 2 hours drive isn't bad. Do any of y'all know if the upcoming SECNetwork will be available to your cable providers out in NE/KS?

I highly doubt it

Probably Directv and Dish will have it, but not the local cable except as possibly a premium channel or part of a sports bundle. Much like the Big Ten Network is outside the B1G region.

I think this kid is a lock for NU. Wouldn't be surprised if he isn't a silent commit to our coaches. He keeps coming back over and over again to every event he can get to. He has relationships with the guys who signed last year and the guys who are committed to us for 2013. I mean this kid has been to two Big Red Weekends and several games, including regular season and spring game. I also think he went to a Junior day. Even after he said he was really interested in South Carolina he's been visiting NU the same. He may have only made one trip to South Carolina if any at all. Plus when all is said and done close to 90% of kids stay close to home anyways. Plus we have a real need at DT so he has a chance to play early.

• 4 weeks later...

Newell is not coming to our Black Magic Showcase anymore (it is this weekend.) He hinted that he had a grandma's birthday party to go to a couple weeks ago, but made it official he's not coming as of today.

So it looks like to me USC is not his destination. He'll be a good player, congrats

• Fire 1

Newell is not coming to our Black Magic Showcase anymore (it is this weekend.) He hinted that he had a grandma's birthday party to go to a couple weeks ago, but made it official he's not coming as of today.

So it looks like to me USC is not his destination. He'll be a good player, congrats

1069911_630279526991060_793806956_n.jpg