Phil Steele Predicts a NEB vs. Oregon Rose Bowl Game

With Michigan's recruiting success under Hoke...you would think they would be more "elite" by now, but I am actually not that impressed. Yes, they went to a BCS bowl....but that's it under Hoke thus far. You would think Hoke would be doing better at Michigan by now with how much talent he has at his disposal.....

...He's coached two seasons so far...

Red, what I meant, was I had seen the kid play. He was a man among boys in the league he played in. I never felt he would be that great of a running back. He only got those rave reviews after the LA Nike camp and after he pledged to Nebraska, if I remember correctly. I think the kid had talent, but was never in the same breath as Adrian Peterson. I do not know if he is still in the NFL or if he even made it. I hardly follow the NFL. I think Clownahan used him in the way he needed to be. He was not a between the tackles runner in college, or that is how I remember it.

With Michigan's recruiting success under Hoke...you would think they would be more "elite" by now, but I am actually not that impressed. Yes, they went to a BCS bowl....but that's it under Hoke thus far. You would think Hoke would be doing better at Michigan by now with how much talent he has at his disposal.....

We know. But view it from our perspective. He hasnt done anything. Whether it's been 1 year, 2 years, or 20 years. He hasnt done much. But he's treated as a media darling to the likes of Urban Meyer and Nick Saban, and no one knows why. It must be his tremendous recruiting classes that we've seen nothing of yet.

Does this make sense? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here. I'm just laying out our perspective.

No one thinks he's up there with Meyer and Saban - I think you're exaggerating. Remember, after 2009 Bo was a media darling as well. It makes sense Hoke got the love he did after turning that mess around the way he did in his first year. Just as it makes sense Bo got the love he did after nearly knocking off Tejas.

:lol: I thought the same thing you did honestly. He's done well so far..........