Rivals Top 10 Pregame Traditions

I won't attempt to re-order these but I would replace a few with others.

Delete-

Running Ralphie (if you want to be listed in traditions, don't suck so bad)

The Tennessee T (I was not even aware of this one)

The Auburn tiger walk (lame).

Add-

Tennessee singing Rocky Top (loved that at the 97 Orange Bowl-awesome)

Sooner Schooner

Tie for Wiscy's drunken jump around and Ohio State Band script Ohio dotting the i thingy that they get so touchy about.

What made me almost vomit was #3 - Colorado's running of the buffalo. OK, they have a live buffalo mascot. And they like to run him on the field. How does that make this list, let alone the top three? Give me the Sooner Schooner any day. And for "cool" I'd put Chief Osceola's spear-planting ahead of Ralphie.

I think you're underestimating the importance of running the buffalo at a Colorado game. After Ralphie leaves the field, most people go home. That is what makes it #3.

When Ralphie drops a duece on the field before the game, that qualifies as the best product Colorado will put on the field that day!
  • Fire 2

10. The Tunnel Walk, Nebraska:

In what is a common practice at most major football programs these days, the Cornhuskers were the first to incorporate the use video on the JumboTron to help the team make a grand entrance before each home game. After a video introduction, fans in Memorial Stadium can watch the team getting psyched up in the locker room and then marching through the tunnels under the stadium and onto the playing field.

At least he was nice enough to give us props for introducing the tunnel walk tradition that nearly every school now has. I guess that's better than going all pedo over Lil' Red, or being obsessed with our wiener cannon.

:lol:

escalated.gif

Is dotting the ' i ' at Ohio State pregame - or is that at halftime?

It's not always done pregame (remember when Maher went out to warm up after halftime while the Buckeye Band was on the field, and how they booed him?), which is why it probably didn't make this list. Otherwise it's easily top ten, if not top three. Maybe #1.

Jump Around and ESFU aren't pregame.

Sorry, I was ignoring the "pregame" qualifier and just went with football traditions.

And Bucky, ESFU doesn't qualify on any level except bad taste and crude behavior.

• Fire 1

Jump Around and ESFU aren't pregame.

Sorry, I was ignoring the "pregame" qualifier and just went with football traditions.

And Bucky, ESFU doesn't qualify on any level except bad taste and crude behavior.

I agree.