Funny Story about me and a Colorado fan!!

So I met the husband of a good friend of mine for the first time....He's a big time college football fan, so I entertain. He's a stats guy (know all the numbers and nothing else), so I go with it. Turns out, he is a big Colorado fan (goes south from here). So i listen to him rant an complain about husker fans and talk about how lucky we are and this and that. I get a drink and listen to him go on an on...then I say, "you done? need a cigarette?" He said,"what does that mean?" I explain (because you have to simplify things with these types)". We've had a few tough years......and he interrupts....with this "Wisconsin...really?" I did the following.....waving my hand in front of my face....while saying the following, "you can't see me from all the rings shining".

He bought me a drink....nuff said. We've had tough years...ok I get it. Wisconsin, Ohio State....got it. But don't complain about our fans, best in the country. Period.

Love the board and thank ya'll (I'm from Texas) for letting me vent.

Love how you handled Puffy fan, MWJ.

A kid from my church just recently graduated and was back visiting. We've done some smack talk to/fro ever since he told me he was going to Boulder to school.

Me: So, did you pull straight A's?

Him: Um, no

Me: So what DID you do in the fall when you could have been in the library since there wasn't any football?

Shame on you. Talking football with a CU fan and expecting anything he says to make sense. Not gonna happen. What's next? Gonna challenge a quad to a foot race? CU fans are "special" and always need to be approached and treated as such. It's really not their fault, just look at their program and compare it to a real football program and their confusion becomes more understandable.

What's funny is that a lot of their fans will complain if you are critical of the Buffs by saying that it's easy to pick on a team that's losing and that the Buffs have been struggling for a long time, etc etc. Then the Buffs win two in a row. The same fan will tell you that his team can beat anybody. That change of attitude litteraly happens over night.

Also... one of my buddies, who lives in Colorado, does something even funnier. He claims that he isn't a Colorado fan at all. When the Buffs lose, he says that it doesn't bother him cause he's not a fan. When the Buffs win he says, with a big SH&T eating grin, "It's not like I care about the Buffs winning or anyting, but you got to give it to them, they're playing really well right now. And Colorado winning, man that must piss off all of you Fusker fans."

I am just like, yes, I know. you are not a Colorado fan. Riiiight....