Urban Meyer set record straight on Aaron Hernandez

Ray Small is facing some trouble. Did Tressel kick him off the team?

When he was on the team, he was basically benched for the remainder of his college career. He never got out of the dog house. I don't think Tressel believed in kicking people off the team. But he wouldn't let you play.

Every time I hear about players drinking I wonder how they're going to feel about it in 5-10 years. I know... every kid (or most kids) do it, and of course they're going to party with their friends... but they're not being the best athlete they can be. I mean... I regret not eating well when I was playing soccer. I could have been a lot better, I think. I didn't even work out during the off season and I ate tons of junk food. So I wonder how the kids who actually had a chance at playing a pro sport feel about things like that.

Every time I hear about players drinking I wonder how they're going to feel about it in 5-10 years. I know... every kid (or most kids) do it, and of course they're going to party with their friends... but they're not being the best athlete they can be. I mean... I regret not eating well when I was playing soccer. I could have been a lot better, I think. I didn't even work out during the off season and I ate tons of junk food. So I wonder how the kids who actually had a chance at playing a pro sport feel about things like that.

Difference being this is off season. Athletes give themselves more leeway when they're not actively training.

Difference being this is off season. Athletes give themselves more leeway when they're not actively training.

That doesn't change anything I said. Alcohol stunts muscle growth, which is something they should be worried about all year. And I'm sure loads of players drink during the season as well.

That doesn't change anything I said. Alcohol stunts muscle growth, which is something they should be worried about all year. And I'm sure loads of players drink during the season as well.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is the case at probably every school with every major sport.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is the case at probably every school with every major sport.

Which means they're not going to regret it in 5-10 years, because all the NFL players did it as well. ;)

Which means they're not going to regret it in 5-10 years, because all the NFL players did it as well. ;)

Who said anything about NFL players previous to this? Of course they're not going to regret it. They're the ones who had enough athletic ability to overcome any problems that surfaced because of alcohol consumption and poor diets if they did those things. The ones who would regret it are the guys who almost made it, who are thinking of things that would have pushed them to that level where they could have played in the NFL. I'm sure there are loads of them as they get older that regret it.