Urban Meyer set record straight on Aaron Hernandez

Something that I think SVP & Russillo brought up yesterday that I found stunning: Of the 121 players on Meyer's 2008 National Championship team, 31 were arrested while still in school, and a total of 41 of them have been arrested either during or since.

Welcome to the SEC everybody. I just hope he doesn't bring that kind of crap to tOSU because it won't be widely accepted in the B1G.

Nobody's blaming Urban for Hernandez murdering people, that's not what all the hate is about. It's a character thing. It would appear that Urban's focus isn't on molding these guys in to respectable young men but getting those trophies and championships.

Nobody's blaming Urban for Hernandez murdering people, that's not what all the hate is about. It's a character thing. It would appear that Urban's focus isn't on molding these guys in to respectable young men but getting those trophies and championships.

And that is different from whom in the college football profession? Bob Stoops? Nick Saban? Frank Beamer?

He doesn't seem to get to much credit for "molding" Tim Tebow. Tim and his parents usually get the praise.

And that is different from whom in the college football profession? Bob Stoops? Nick Saban? Frank Beamer?

He doesn't seem to get to much credit for "molding" Tim Tebow. Tim and his parents usually get the praise.

Bo Pelini, for one.

I don't think he should get credit for molding Tebow. Tebow was the person he was before he got to Florida, and stayed the same person after. If anything, he should get credit for the supposed media accounts of how he changed Meyer's life and encouraged him to go on a mission trip.

Bo Pelini, for one.

I don't think he should get credit for molding Tebow. Tebow was the person he was before he got to Florida, and stayed the same person after. If anything, he should get credit for the supposed media accounts of how he changed Meyer's life and encouraged him to go on a mission trip.

I don't know much about Bo Pelini outside of him and me graduating from the same University so I can't speak for him. He could be the greatest Saint in college football. Regardless, I missed where most Division I coaches are batting 1.000 or are the only figure in their lives.

He is an important figure but most definitely not the only one.

Thats my point with Tebow. He was set up for success by himself and his parents. 17 year olds don't get things figured out. Timmy learned a lot after school and before school and Meyer shouldn't get the all of the praise.

Bo Pelini, for one.

I don't know much about Bo Pelini outside of him and me graduating from the same University so I can't speak for him. He could be the greatest Saint in college football. Regardless, I missed where most Division I coaches are batting 1.000 or are the only figure in their lives.

He is an important figure but most definitely not the only one.

Thats my point with Tebow. He was set up for success by himself and his parents. 17 year olds don't get things figured out. Timmy learned a lot after school and before school and Meyer shouldn't get the all of the praise.

Nobody is saying that. Every program is going to have its players get in trouble every once in a while. But for a team to have 1/3 of its players arrested, that's pretty alarming.

So... Urban Meyer is a bad guy because he had a bunch of criminals on his teams?

That's a precedent Husker fans don't want to set, especially when you look back at the number of arrests we had during Osborne's championship streak in the 90s. This, Husker Fans, is a glass house.

My biggest issue is with the NCAA. The NCAA goes after a student-athlete for using university resources (water, hose, soap) to wash her car but we see rampant illegal activities (41 at UF alone, LSU had multiple, Texas AM) where the universities benefited from not having the perps serve a real punishment. The NCAA does nothing.

I'm all for cleaning up College Football, i really am but the Iowa Hawkeyes get 15 player arrests from April 2007 to October 2007 and no one says squat and you don't see every little detail about Kirk Ferentz being a mentor to his drug dealer players on ESPN.

Is it really because ESPN doesn't care about Iowa or is it something else?

I'm all for cleaning up College Football, i really am but the Iowa Hawkeyes get 15 player arrests from April 2007 to October 2007 and no one says squat and you don't see every little detail about Kirk Ferentz being a mentor to his drug dealer players on ESPN.

Is it really because ESPN doesn't care about Iowa or is it something else?

Honestly, no one would have questioned it if Aaron Hernandez wasn't arrested for murder.