*Official Nebraska 2013 Season Prediction Thread*

the over/under for our season is 9.5 wins. i would take the over because i am pretty optimistic, and even a little confident, that we will get at least 10 wins. i would be pretty disappointed in the season if we got 9 or less.

we are -7 against ucla.

We were -6 last year...

:/

the over/under for our season is 9.5 wins. i would take the over because i am pretty optimistic, and even a little confident, that we will get at least 10 wins. i would be pretty disappointed in the season if we got 9 or less.

we are -7 against ucla.

We were -6 last year...

So? The point spread has nothing to do with who they think will win the game.

11 - 1 with win against winner of East Division (which will not be Ohio State)

We lose to one team that we should beat...could be Iowa, NW, Purdue..don't know. We'll win all the big games and have one letdown in a mediocre game.

I'm going on record saying Ohio State underperforms and loses 3 regular season games. I have nothing to support that other than a gut feeling and lots of "I hope so"...

We get snubbed for the MNC game by the SEC and a darling from the PacX, then win our bowl. We wind up #4 at the end of the year.

• Fire 2

we are -7 against ucla.

We were -6 last year...

So? The point spread has nothing to do with who they think will win the game.

I know. Just pointing out it doesn't mean anything.

I was curious, and sorry for positing this here, but that's where I found the pic in the sig; do you guys actually perceive OSU as your new Texas? (I ask b/c of the mob boss as OSU). Never heard anyone in the conference say that OSU tries to push their weight around (may not have been listening if it was said) the way that it seems you guys felt Texas did in the Big 12.

I don't think that OSU pushes their weight around in the Big Ten like Texas did in the Big XII and OSU definitely isn't our new Texas.

I didn't make the picture in my sig but I would imagine that it is referencing the OSU scandals/player payments/sanctions/etc.

BTW, you guys are going to be excellent this year. If you make it to the title game I'll be rooting for you to beat Alabama or whichever other SEC team is playing.

9-10 wins. No conference title. Won't even venture a guess about a bowl game.

The status quo remains. (IMO, Pelini is too good to get rid of and not good enough to get over the hump. Here's hoping that he proves me wrong. :cheers )

I was curious, and sorry for positing this here, but that's where I found the pic in the sig; do you guys actually perceive OSU as your new Texas? (I ask b/c of the mob boss as OSU). Never heard anyone in the conference say that OSU tries to push their weight around (may not have been listening if it was said) the way that it seems you guys felt Texas did in the Big 12. So, just a curiosity question.

Edit: doh, didn't realize the sig doesn't show up in quote.

Just for fun, which character would you switch OSU for?

• 2 weeks later...

9-10 wins. No conference title. Won't even venture a guess about a bowl game.

The status quo remains. (IMO, Pelini is too good to get rid of and not good enough to get over the hump. Here's hoping that he proves me wrong. :cheers )

I was curious, and sorry for positing this here, but that's where I found the pic in the sig; do you guys actually perceive OSU as your new Texas? (I ask b/c of the mob boss as OSU). Never heard anyone in the conference say that OSU tries to push their weight around (may not have been listening if it was said) the way that it seems you guys felt Texas did in the Big 12. So, just a curiosity question.

Edit: doh, didn't realize the sig doesn't show up in quote.

Just for fun, which character would you switch OSU for?

Sorry, way late on this. I guess I would have preferred the Arnold Schwarzenegger caricature (the one you guys got--can't remember his Simpsons name) but I also understood the mob boss one, just don't think anyone wants that one :)

Of course, then I have to figure out a new one for you guys then.

The most challenging will be Purdue and Michigan State. Why? Because both teams scheduled bye week just before Huskers games. I believe bye week is big advantage i.e. rest, healed nagging injuries, more prepare, etc.

Especially Spartans.....I'm afraid Huskers vs. Wolverines let down. Luckily MSU-NU game will play at home, however Purdue is away.

11/9 Huskers vs. Wolverines 11/16 Spartans vs. Huskers

11/9 Spartans - open date

10/5 Huskers vs. Illinois 10/12 Huskers vs. Purdue @ West Lafayette

10/5 Purdue - open date

Huskers bye-week benefits will face Illinois (home) and Minnesota (away) :rolleyes:

Call me crazy but ive had this year in the back of my mind since we joined the B1G and the schedules came out. I think we breeze to 8-0. UCLA won't be as close as every predicts. Then NW gives us a scare but we end up winning by 10 or 14. We beat a michigan team who is very overrated and Gardner proves that last years games were a fluke and he's just another average mobile qb. After winning in Ann Arbor, we finish the biz for the first 12-0 regular season since i don't even know when. After that we get tOSU. With a natty champ berth on the line. From there i don't know. If we win we play Bama for the title. If we lose, we play a PAC 12 in the rose bowl. Lose either of those unfortunately. I'm going to say 12-2. Loses to tOSU and bowl game.

My heart wants to agree with you, but I'm still seeing jet sweeps in my nightmares...

Gotta say 10-4 with blowouts and losses that were given away until it's proven otherwise.

Sorry, way late on this. I guess I would have preferred the Arnold Schwarzenegger caricature (the one you guys got--can't remember his Simpsons name) but I also understood the mob boss one, just don't think anyone wants that one :)

Of course, then I have to figure out a new one for you guys then.

Hopefully not this one:

Cletus.png