*Official Nebraska 2013 Season Prediction Thread*

I think people are overlooking the Purdue game.

What is it about Purdue I should be seeing? Hazell did OK at Kent State, but I haven't seen anything that raises a red flag for me.

Nothing so much about them as much as the fact that they don't have the name brand and they fall in the right place on the schedule to be easily overlooked by our coaches/players. We've seen how far down to our competition we can play when we don't come prepared and taking them seriously.

Northwestern 2011 Part Deux?

Northwestern is the most recent and probably most parallel example.

Texas Tech, Iowa State and South Dakota State come to mind as well.

Nothing so much about them as much as the fact that they don't have the name brand and they fall in the right place on the schedule to be easily overlooked by our coaches/players. We've seen how far down to our competition we can play when we don't come prepared and taking them seriously.

There's Purdue, then there's a BYE, then there's Minnesota. Not much of an excuse to overlook them. Playing down to our competition will probably still be a problem though, can't argue with that.

Not quite ready to make a prediction, got some more homework to do on the opponents still.

Question about the Illinois QB position. Will Scheelhaase be QB1 or not? At the end of last season I remember being berated by suggesting the young D could struggle against him, since he supposedly wasn't even the starter anymore.

But every Illinois preview I've read so far has him slated as the starter.

Scheelhaase really struggled last year, threw 4 touchdowns to 8 interceptions and is lacking any talent at skill positions. He may get some yards on us, but he won't be able to do it alone. I also wouldn't be a bit suprised to see their other Qb starting at that point in the season. They are not a very good fotball team.

He's never going to be anything more than a terrible passer. Not worried about that. Worried about his legs against an inexperienced Pelini defense.

Not quite ready to make a prediction, got some more homework to do on the opponents still.

Question about the Illinois QB position. Will Scheelhaase be QB1 or not? At the end of last season I remember being berated by suggesting the young D could struggle against him, since he supposedly wasn't even the starter anymore.

Scheelhaase really struggled last year, threw 4 touchdowns to 8 interceptions and is lacking any talent at skill positions. He may get some yards on us, but he won't be able to do it alone. I also wouldn't be a bit suprised to see their other Qb starting at that point in the season. They are not a very good fotball team.

He's never going to be anything more than a terrible passer. Not worried about that. Worried about his legs against an inexperienced Pelini defense.

There is that, you would think that Bo and Company know what he's all about. God awful passing, and decent running ability.

Aug. 31 Wyoming vs Nebraska W

Sept. 7 Southern Miss vs Nebraska W

Sept. 14 UCLA vs Nebraska L

Sept. 21 South Dakota State vs Nebraska W

Oct. 5 Illinois vs Nebraska W

Oct. 12 at Purdue vs Nebraska W

Oct. 19 BYE

Oct. 26 at Minnesota vs Nebraska W

Nov. 2 Northwestern vs Nebraska W

Nov. 9 at Michigan vs Nebraska W

Nov. 16 Michigan State vs Nebraska L [Let down after Michigan win]

Nov. 23 at Penn State vs Nebraska W

Nov. 30 Iowa vs Nebraska W

Dec. 7 (CCG) Ohio St. vs. Nebraska W

Jan. 1 (Rose Bowl) Stanford vs. Nebraska L

He'll probably start, but he's a shell of the player he was as a frosh.

Sept. 14 UCLA vs Nebraska W

Sept. 21 South Dakota State vs Nebraska L

Oct. 19 BYE

Losing to S Dakota State, losing to MSU, beating OSU, then losing to Stanford...

Not sure if serious.

Sept. 21 South Dakota State vs Nebraska L

Oct. 19 BYE

Is this a joke?....

Its too early for me to be comfortable with my picks. I will do it anyway, but I think there are too many question marks at many positions to estimate on how we will do defensively. After all, defenses win championships. I really hope some incoming freshman can come in and make some solid pushes at positions we lack depth in (DT, LB).

Sept. 21 South Dakota State vs Nebraska W

Oct. 19 BYE

Nov. 9 at Michigan vs Nebraska L (This may change if we can show somewhat of a dominant DLine)

Nov. 16 Michigan State vs Nebraska W

With the question marks we have on defense, predicting double-digit wins is risky. I'd hate to wager money on that.

the schedule we have for this year and we can't win more than 9 games then i think you really have to start to wonder about Pelini and if he can get it done.

I would agree if we got blown out on all those games, but your not giving these opposing teams any credit. Michigan, Northwestern, UCLA, Penn St and Iowa could all be losses. I don't mind having a 9 win season, if they are at least not blowouts.

Losing to S Dakota State, losing to MSU, beating OSU, then losing to Stanford...

Not sure if serious.

Is this a joke?....

Yeah I messed up. Early loss to UCLA, then a let down loss to Michigan St. after we beat Michigan in the Big House the week earlier. Still get into the B1G Championship at 7-1 where we upset Ohio State and ruin their chances at a National Championship, and end up losing a close game to Stanford in the Rose Bowl. 11-3 with a conference championship.