Jadeveon Clowney: Martinez is "scared"

a. martinez does tend to look scared. he just has that look about him. but he has demonstrated true grit.

b. why is clowney even talking smack about t-mart? why does he care?

c. it will be interesting to see how they do this year. i am guessing they finish third in their division.

d. clowney is the dude who did this:

clowney2-1-1-13.gif

Targeting as Ed Cunningham would say

a. martinez does tend to look scared. he just has that look about him. but he has demonstrated true grit.

b. why is clowney even talking smack about t-mart? why does he care?

c. it will be interesting to see how they do this year. i am guessing they finish third in their division.

d. clowney is the dude who did this:

clowney2-1-1-13.gif

He's getting ejected this year if he hits like that. Hell, with the way refs called it last year, it should have been a flag.

Thats just it, you give any defensive player the same open line that they gave him, they would hit just as hard.

It must be coincidence that Clowney didn't mention Barrett Trotter, Tyler Wilson, Zach Mettenberger or Jeff Driskel. I'm sure that's an oversight on his part, and he meant to.

The article linked has been changed to say that Clowney actually meant to say Tyler Wilson and not Taylor Martinez. It did seem odd to talk smack about a team you played two years ago. :dunno

It must be coincidence that Clowney didn't mention Barrett Trotter, Tyler Wilson, Zach Mettenberger or Jeff Driskel. I'm sure that's an oversight on his part, and he meant to.

The article linked has been changed to say that Clowney actually meant to say Tyler Wilson and not Taylor Martinez. It did seem odd to talk smack about a team you played two years ago. :dunno

just saw that too

Yeah, uh, I knew that, ... I was just kidding.

Well this thread can probably just go away then...

Dude's doing a lot of talking. He's a great player, but I don't like when they go popping off at the mouth.

Also said that Tennessee's tackle got away with holding a lot. Up til the last drive, that guy owned Clowney the whole game. Reminds me of a DE in high school that would claim that he was getting held everytime he actually got blocked.

On another note, IMO he's taking away from the team. Boyd played scared and that's why they've beaten Clemson the last two years? How bout say that it's because SCar was the better team?

I know who I'd be more afraid of

52 Solo 23 asst 85 total 20.5 TFL 12 Sack

40 Solo 14 asst 54 total 23.5 TFL 13 Sack

Clowney hasn't had his senior year yet, so we'll see, but Suh had 11 pass break-ups, 1 interception, and 1 forced fumble in his senior season. Clowney had 2 pass break-ups and 3 forced fumbles last year.

Edit: Just realized he was only a Sophomore last year. So I have to say I can't agree with you yet.

Here are Suh's Sophomore stats:

22 Solo 12 asst 34 total 6 TFL 1 Sack

Clowney wont make it to his senior year. He will go to the NFL after this year unless he gets hurt, but then he may still go pro.

Recall husker fans that the last person to smack talk Nebraska was Warren Sapp prior to the 1995 Orange Bowl and we all know how it turned out, he was manhandled and sucking air at the end. He can say Taylor is 'scared' all he wants while he is the best defensive player in College but the truth plays out under the spotlight.

Actually, the last player to talk crap was David Gilbert from Wisconsin last year. I wouldn't say he got manhandled either. He had a sack with a forced fumble in the third quarter. I think he backed up what he was saying, even though we got the "W", but I wouldn't have minded if Taylor would have trucked that fool.

Recall husker fans that the last person to smack talk Nebraska was Warren Sapp prior to the 1995 Orange Bowl and we all know how it turned out, he was manhandled and sucking air at the end. He can say Taylor is 'scared' all he wants while he is the best defensive player in College but the truth plays out under the spotlight.

Actually, the last player to talk crap was David Gilbert from Wisconsin last year. I wouldn't say he got manhandled either. He had a sack with a forced fumble in the third quarter. I think he backed up what he was saying, even though we got the "W", but I wouldn't have minded if Taylor would have trucked that fool.

Gilbert didnt back up sh#t. All he said was Taylor still skips rocks or whatever. Yet, Taylor scorched their ass, you could say, twice.