Jadeveon Clowney: Martinez is "scared"

I'm scared of Clowney :dunno

I'm WAY more scared of CLOWNS!!!

Coulrophobia is no laughing matter. :lol:

tumblr_mpwdjitoid1svshs6o1_400.gif

Hello!

Is that clown from the movie IT?

I dunno. It's just a freaking gif I found on Tumblr. Really freaky. :lol:

He named probably the three best QB's he has seen. IMO, a back handed compliment as it were. All 3 are in the preseason Hypesman talk.

Clowney is a freak and could not play a down this year and still declare for the draft and get picked in the 1st round. You play with his intensity and abilities and you can talk some smack. USC plays both Clemson and UGA so it is a little psychology to try and get in their heads. Unsure about Martinez comments.......

Had it not been for the hail mary to end the half, NU still beats USC 2 years ago though. Had to get that in.

a. martinez does tend to look scared. he just has that look about him. but he has demonstrated true grit.

b. why is clowney even talking smack about t-mart? why does he care?

c. it will be interesting to see how they do this year. i am guessing they finish third in their division.

d. clowney is the dude who did this:

clowney2-1-1-13.gif

He's getting ejected this year if he hits like that. Hell, with the way refs called it last year, it should have been a flag.

• Fire 1

I'll take this as a huge compliment. If the premier defender in the premier conference in the country is intently talking smack about our qb, and putting Taylor in the ranks with Taj Boyd and Aaron Murry, I'm fine with that. Taylor should be too.

Yea, he pretty much seems to be talking crap about the top QBs he's faced, for whatever reason.

a. martinez does tend to look scared. he just has that look about him. but he has demonstrated true grit.

c. it will be interesting to see how they do this year. i am guessing they finish third in their division.

clowney2-1-1-13.gif

He's getting ejected this year if he hits like that. Hell, with the way refs called it last year, it should have been a flag.

He hit him in the chest? That's just a once in a lifetime hit.

Regardless, Clowney is a punk for talking about a game from two years ago. Martinez shows a lot more balls then most QB's. When he went at it with Jarvis Jones in the Cap One, that was probably one of the proudest moments as a fan that I've had of him. Showed what it meant to him.

clowney2-1-1-13.gif

Side angle shows the crown of his helmet hit the RB in the neck/lower facemask which is why his helmet popped off. Guys get flagged for far less last year.

250 yards, two touchdowns and a 31-31 tie after three quarters. The defense folds and gives up two fourth-quarter TDs against UGA. That's hardly Martinez' fault.

Also, I seem to recall Taylor scrapping it out several times with Georgia defenders. I don't recall him being "scared."

Of course, I'm not trying to pump myself and my team up to win the SEC like Clowney, so maybe if I was I'd see things differently. The guy is a physical freak and has earned the right to talk.

Not trying to nitpick old man, but Clowney is at SC. lol

tbh... I was confused about that for about 5 seconds, because why the hell would the guy talk about a QB from a team he played once two years ago?

Same here. I guess we have bulletin board material on the off chance we play them in a bowl game again. :hmmph

Personally, I think the turning point of the game was AAs fumble. It was a BS call/situation with refs screwing things up, but we gotta hold onto the ball, even if the whistles blown and a ref is running in calling it dead. Umpiring for many years gave me such a different perspective of baseball after being a player for even more years. Never let the official decide a play on his judgement, if you do enough of the right things, officials no longer become a part of the game.

Side angle shows the crown of his helmet hit the RB in the neck/lower facemask which is why his helmet popped off. Guys get flagged for far less last year.

Kenny Bell's hit was no more devastating than this, and they'll kick you out of the game if you hit a player like that this year. If they're really focusing on player safety, that hit should get you tossed, too.

I don't think either should be flagged. It's a contact sport, after all.

Wouldn't it be great if the top college athletes just had an ounce of humility? Clowney is a stud, no arguing that. But calling out QBs as scared during media day shows a lack of judgment. It's too early to be putting up bulleting board material.

And that hit he made is impressive, but notice that he is completely unblocked. I think most college-level D-lineman that go unblocked in that situation make a similar play. That RB had no chance.

clowney2-1-1-13.gif

Regardless, Clowney is a punk for talking about a game from two years ago. Martinez shows a lot more balls then most QB's. When he went at it with Jarvis Jones in the Cap One, that was probably one of the proudest moments as a fan that I've had of him. Showed what it meant to him.

That was a DB Shawn Williams not jarvis

clowney2-1-1-13.gif

That was a DB Shawn Williams not jarvis

mah bad