Nebraska schedules Cincinnati series

So expanding to 40k, eh?

This will end up being a hot ticket just because of the limited seating. If we really do bring 30k, half of them will be standing outside.

Cincinnati doesn't move my blood much though, so it probably will be far less. Even 15k though could make it look like Notre Dame last time we were there.

It's 50/50 the game will be moved to Paul Brown Stadium. The UC athletic department has to share revenue from concessions with the Bengals, plus there is the stadium rental and other fees. So, even though they can get about 25k more people in Paul Brown, the Bearcats may not make that much more money from the deal. Not to mention, UC really wants to create a home field advantage by playing in such a tight space at Nippert. It's a neat little stadium that will be better after the renovations. It's also pretty darn loud for night games.

If the game is moved to PBS, I would imagine Nebraska fans would gobble up all the extra tickets and the attendance would be split about equally, similar to a bowl game.

Interesting game for me since I have degrees from both schools....but I could give a rat's tail about UC athletics.

I think this is part of the ideal non-conference schedule. You want a power, a middle of the road, and a easy game. This is the middle of the road team for that plan. Now schedule an Oklahoma and an Akron, and you have a perfect 3 game non-conference schedule.

I thought Oklahoma was on the schedule in the early 20's as part of the 50th anniversary of The Game of the Century?

Oklahoma was an example. Just meant, schedule a power, a middle of the road, and a cupcake.

Nippert Stadium doesn't look close to that anymore.

aerial.jpg

Plus, there are plans in place to expand the stadium by approx. 10,000 seats (to 40,000 total). There won't be a problem.

Nippert+Expansion2.jpg

Nippert Stadium AKA "The Nip".

Oddly, it looks much different in cold weather.

• Fire 2

Nippert Stadium doesn't look close to that anymore.

aerial.jpg

Plus, there are plans in place to expand the stadium by approx. 10,000 seats (to 40,000 total). There won't be a problem.

Nippert+Expansion2.jpg

Nippert Stadium AKA "The Nip".

Oddly, it looks much different in cold weather.

Yes, it does stand out more