Which true freshmen do you think will play this year?

Terrell Newby

Adam Taylor

Cethan Carter

Gabe Miller

Maliek Collins

Courtney Love

Nate Gerry

DJ Singleton

The only two I'm a little weary on are Collins and Singleton, but I'd say there's a very strong chance the other 6 will not redshirt.

There may also be chance for guys like A.J. Natter, Josh Banderas, and Drake Martinez.

• Fire 2

Terrell Newby

Adam Taylor

Cethan Carter

Gabe Miller

Maliek Collins

Courtney Love

Nate Gerry

DJ Singleton

The only two I'm a little weary on are Collins and Singleton, but I'd say there's a very strong chance the other 6 will not redshirt.

There may also be chance for guys like A.J. Natter, Josh Banderas, and Drake Martinez.

I definitely think one of the running backs will redshirt. I don't think that they would burn a year for the running back in the fourth spot.

Terrell Newby

Adam Taylor

Cethan Carter

Gabe Miller

Maliek Collins

Courtney Love

Nate Gerry

DJ Singleton

This would be close to my list as well. I'd add Banderas as a likely candidate for some playing time also.

Terrell Newby

Adam Taylor

Cethan Carter

Gabe Miller

Maliek Collins

Courtney Love

Nate Gerry

DJ Singleton

I think your right about Banderas, with the uncertainty at lb I think he has a real good shot at seeing some time

true freshmen, or recruits from the 2013 class?

If it's just true freshmen then I have to leave out gregory, finnin, and kondolo who I think will play.

That leaves...

1 of either Greg Hart/Cethan Carter. I'll go with Hart.

1 of either Newby/Taylor. I'll go with Taylor. An injury (which is likely) and Newby gets in there. There's 3.

1 of either Collins/Maurice. I'll go with Collins. There's 4.

2 of either Banderas/Love/Newby. I'll go with all 3 though because I think we thin out at LBer as the season wears on. There's 7.

I don't see any of the OL getting into the mix as true fresh. The DE's...maybe Natter but I think we'll be ok there with Gregory/Ankrah/McMullen & Moss will provide enough depth to RS the true fresh. DBs...we're too deep. Stanton will RS. Gladney won't see time at WR with the logjam in front of him.

So I see 5 ready to play. Probably 7 that will.

true freshmen, or recruits from the 2013 class?

If it's just true freshmen then I have to leave out gregory, finnin, and kondolo who I think will play.

That leaves...

1 of either Greg Hart/Cethan Carter. I'll go with Hart.

1 of either Newby/Taylor. I'll go with Taylor. An injury (which is likely) and Newby gets in there. There's 3.

1 of either Collins/Maurice. I'll go with Collins. There's 4.

2 of either Banderas/Love/Newby. I'll go with all 3 though because I think we thin out at LBer as the season wears on. There's 7.

I don't see any of the OL getting into the mix as true fresh. The DE's...maybe Natter but I think we'll be ok there with Gregory/Ankrah/McMullen & Moss will provide enough depth to RS the true fresh. DBs...we're too deep. Stanton will RS. Gladney won't see time at WR with the logjam in front of him.

So I see 5 ready to play. Probably 7 that will.

Terrell Newby will play. I guarantee it.

Terrell Newby

Adam Taylor

Cethan Carter

Gabe Miller

Maliek Collins

Courtney Love

Nate Gerry

DJ Singleton

I definitely think one of the running backs will redshirt. I don't think that they would burn a year for the running back in the fourth spot.

We played Cross as the #4 back last year.

I think both will play and play early.

A lot of people have Carter in their list. I see Carter as bringing the same thing to the table as Long/Sutton already. Hart on the other hand is a little taller, and a lot quicker. I see him getting into that Kyler Reed role and playing before Carter.

@JoshHarveyFOX

#Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez really likes fr. Cethan Carter. "He'll play for us this year...He catches a lot. I like him a lot." #huskers

A lot of people have Carter in their list. I see Carter as bringing the same thing to the table as Long/Sutton already. Hart on the other hand is a little taller, and a lot quicker. I see him getting into that Kyler Reed role and playing before Carter.

Martinez mentioned Carter during interviews at the Big 10 Media Days. If TMart is building rapport with a TE, that TE will probably play.

@JoshHarveyFOX

#Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez really likes fr. Cethan Carter. "He'll play for us this year...He catches a lot. I like him a lot." #huskers

That's good to hear. Tight end was one of the few question marks I had on offense this year.

1. Cethan Carter

2. Nate Gerry

3. Maliek Collins

4. Terrell Newby

5. Courtney Love

6. Adam Taylor

7. AJ Natter

8. Josh Banderas

Very close to mine:

1. Cethan Carter

2. Nate Gerry

3. Maliek Collins

4. Adam Taylor

5. Courtney Love

6. AJ Natter

7. Josh Banderas

8. Terrell Newby

But I think only 3-5 of them end up playing.