The Iowegians are running scared from Black Friday once again

Who would you rather play on Black Friday?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Iowa really, really doesn't like being Nebraska's punching bag on Black Friday. So much so that they almost begged off the date last year, and now they're on about it again:

Iowa-Nebraska to move off Black Friday?

CHICAGO — Black Friday could revert to just a shopping holiday in Eastern Iowa as soon as 2018.

Mark Rudner, the Big Ten’s senior associate commissioner for television administration, said it’s possible the Iowa-Nebraska game could move from Thanksgiving weekend in future schedules. The schools are scheduled to meet in the season finale through 2017, and those games are slated for Black Friday.

“We haven’t seen the schedule yet, (we) haven’t done it yet,” said Rudner, who handles Big Ten scheduling. “It could be Iowa-Minnesota in the last week. Nebraska-Wisconsin. We just don’t know.”

Iowa and Nebraska moved their regularly scheduled games in 2011 and 2012 from Saturday to Friday in part to accommodate the Cornhuskers’ tradition. After two seasons Iowa agreed to permanently extend the season-ending game to a Friday showcase. But that only counts if the league schedules the series on that weekend.

I would love to have Nebraska vs. Wisconsin be last game of season. I think that would be as close to the old OU series as we could come. Already enough bad blood between the two and this would just ramp up the atmosphere! IMO :duel

• Fire 1

I would bet a majority of Husker fans would love Wisconsin to be in the "Black Friday Matchup" rather than Iowa.

Not sure if the Wisconsin fans would see it that way but hey, let’s find out?

Barry is wise to this tradition here (lived it), so I bet he would be inclined to schedule change? :woo

I would love a Nebraska-Wisconsin Black Friday match up. With the way the new divisions are going to line up, Nebraska-Wisconsin on Friday could settle the West Division and Michigan-Ohio State on Saturday could settle the East Division.

What better way to demand attention of the national audience than that?

• Fire 1

Keep "The Heroes Game" on Black Friday. That's a short trip for both fanbases on a holiday week.

Play Wisconsin at the end of October around Halloween or something

I'll concede the Black Friday switch from Iowa to Wisconsin as long as they stop having it at 10 f'ing o'clock in the f'ing morning

Keep "The Heroes Game" on Black Friday. That's a short trip for both fanbases on a holiday week.

Play Wisconsin at the end of October around Halloween or something

I'll concede the Black Friday switch from Iowa to Wisconsin as long as they stop having it at 10 f'ing o'clock in the f'ing morning

Well if you weren't living in western Nebraska/Colorado, you wouldn't have to worry about that.