Coaches poll is out

I find it odd that there are that many SEC teams that high. 6 in the top 13. I think ATM is high. Really if it weren't for the Bama win last year they weren't very special. OU is also high in my opinion. I think they are expected to struggle. You listen to Barry talk about his old ball team after watching them this spring and summer and he thinks they have Oline issues.

This also allows these overrated SEC teams to lose games to other overrated SEC teams and not get punished too harsh in the polls. Thus allowing for a skewed national perception of their conference.
  • Fire 4

I find it odd that there are that many SEC teams that high. 6 in the top 13. I think ATM is high. Really if it weren't for the Bama win last year they weren't very special. OU is also high in my opinion. I think they are expected to struggle. You listen to Barry talk about his old ball team after watching them this spring and summer and he thinks they have Oline issues.

This also allows these overrated SEC teams to lose games to other overrated SEC teams and not get punished too harsh in the polls. Thus allowing for a skewed national perception of their conference.

^^ :yeah

Do you also expect Nebraska to be blown out a few times based off of last season?

Makes no sense to base a current year off of the previous year with so many factors. It's no longer a brand new offense. It's no longer a brand new defense. They actually know the playbooks. The question will be if they can tackle unlike last year.

Then of course last year, they didn't lose a game either.

So how do you think tOSU will do this year and what do you base that on?

Best case 12-0. (Since we're just talking regular season)

Realistically 11-1 based off of the recruits we had, the fact that it's no longer a new offense or defense so things are actually known. The depth we have at skill positions and the depth at defensive line.

Worst case 9-3 (which is what was stated before, but that's when everything goes to hell basically)

But how do yo know your better than at least nine teams on your schedule?

Do you also expect Nebraska to be blown out a few times based off of last season?

Makes no sense to base a current year off of the previous year with so many factors. It's no longer a brand new offense. It's no longer a brand new defense. They actually know the playbooks. The question will be if they can tackle unlike last year.

Realistically 11-1 based off of the recruits we had, the fact that it's no longer a new offense or defense so things are actually known. The depth we have at skill positions and the depth at defensive line.

Worst case 9-3 (which is what was stated before, but that's when everything goes to hell basically)

Because they play Buffalo, San Diego State, Cal, Florida A&M, Iowa, Penn State, Purdue, Illinois, and Indiana. That's 9 :)

...are there you have a perfect example of why 9 wins isn't as impressive as everyone makes it out to be

• Fire 1

Not too controversial, I guess. The 17-20 range seems to be the standard starting spot for Nebraska these days, so #18 is just fine. We'll have opportunnities to move up.

Year Preseason Final

2002 #8 NR

2003 NR #18

2004 NR NR

2005 NR #24

2006 #22 NR

2007 #19 NR

2008 NR NR (Bo's first year)

2009 #22 #14

2010 #9 #19

2011 #11 #24

2012 #16 #23

2013 #18 ???

We don't play Nebraska.

• Fire 1

We don't play Nebraska.

oh, you will.

• Fire 1

Because they play Buffalo, San Diego State, Cal, Florida A&M, Iowa, Penn State, Purdue, Illinois, and Indiana. That's 9 :)

...are there you have a perfect example of why 9 wins isn't as impressive as everyone makes it out to be

Wow...putting it that way...

Ohio State will lose at least three regular season games.

Based off of what?

Hey Coqui...it's based off a very scientific and advanced prognostication protocol. In otherwords, it is a combination of my guessing mostly, and sort of a hope that they just completely underachieve. If one bothers themselves with past performance, statistics and bodies on the roster, well then maybe my guess won't hold up.

:smokin

Ok, folks, we gotta get this straight.

OSU IS IN FACT AS GOOD AS THE RANKING.

Now, hear me out. We need this, if we get to Indy. Because it is exactly that claim (OSU is overrated) that could end up keeping NU out of a MNC game.

We need to spread the word that OSU is, in fact, as good as they are currently ranked. So that when number 5 NU knocks off OSU for the B1G CCG, we are taken seriously enough to jump into contention for the marbles. Otherwise we risk being left outside for another all SEC sausage fest.

I don't have an actual opinion on OSU, but an inflated opinion of ANY B1G team could prove a later blessing to any other team in the conference.

Sorry, just thinking logically, which may offend some.

• Fire 1