Shatel's Article

I can only think of one game last year were NU came out and completely laid an egg in and that was Wisky II.

What do you call 653 yards by UCLA?

What do you call 500 yards and 63 points by Ohio State?

If those aren't eggs...

I mean I don't know what we are talking about but the players are human beings and not chickens and ..?????

I can only think of one game last year were NU came out and completely laid an egg in and that was Wisky II.

If those aren't eggs...

I mean I don't know what we are talking about but the players are human beings and not chickens and ..?????

NINE-NINE-NINE!!!

What, exactly, are the players responsible for?

No comment?

If you read one of my previous statements, it answers that.

http://www.huskerboa...ost__p__1192953

So the players have no responsibility for anything because it's still the coaches fault when they screw up. At least we have that cleared up.

Did I say that? The players are accountable to the coaches. The coaches are accountable to the athletic department and the fans. If the players on the team are the best this coaching staff can provide, and those players are unable to get the job done, ultimately, that is the coaching staff's responsibility. The coaches will live and die (metaphorically speaking, of course) by whether or not their players get the job done. Do you disagree? Did you think Bill Callahan should have been fired in 2007?

If those aren't eggs...

I think Knapp he means in terms of it being obvious from play #1 that we were flat out not ready to play. This was the case in Wisconsin II. I dont think we can say the same about UCLA or Ohio St. Sure, those two games also turned out pretty disasterous especially from a defensive standpoint, but we came ready to play. We had Ohio St on their heels on both sides of the ball that first quarter and our offense was up and down the field the first half against UCLA, then our defense was pretty solid throughout the 3rd quarter when the offense went stagnant. That 2nd Wisconsin game however. Yikes. They scored 3 plays in, Taylor threw a pick 6 on the 4th play, we clawed back to 14-10, and then it completely went down the shitter from there.

If those aren't eggs...

They gave up a lot of yards, and points eventually, but I think we are talking about 2 different things. I am talking about coming out and playing poorly from the start. I don't think NU played poorly from the start against UCLA or tOSU. They were winning those games at one point.

• Fire 1

If those aren't eggs...

They gave up a lot of yards, and points eventually, but I think we are talking about 2 different things. I am talking about coming out and playing poorly from the start. I don't think NU played poorly from the start against UCLA or tOSU. They were winning those games at one point.

We're talking about the same thing. You don't give up that many yards and/or that many points playing well. Starting off well doesn't mean much when you utterly crap the bed from then on out.

There's no way to sugar-coat those stats. We gave up TONS of yards last year. The fact we only lost four games lies solely with Martinez' will to win.

What, exactly, are the players responsible for?

No comment?

If you read one of my previous statements, it answers that.

http://www.huskerboa...ost__p__1192953

So the players have no responsibility for anything because it's still the coaches fault when they screw up. At least we have that cleared up.

Did I say that? The players are accountable to the coaches. The coaches are accountable to the athletic department and the fans. If the players on the team are the best this coaching staff can provide, and those players are unable to get the job done, ultimately, that is the coaching staff's responsibility. The coaches will live and die (metaphorically speaking, of course) by whether or not their players get the job done. Do you disagree? Did you think Bill Callahan should have been fired in 2007?

Yes, actually you have said that. Every time you mention a mistake a player may have made, its always the coaches fault for not preparing, motivating, recruiting or whatever. So, unless you change your previous story, it's not the players fault for anything because the coaches could/should have done something differently.

I am not a football coach or player, but I would opine that the players have a ton of responsibility (hard work, preparation, leading/motiviating/pushing teammates, etc), and obviously the players are the ones who have to make it work on the field, but the ultimately the buck stops with the coaches. The coaches, in addition to recruiting the players and teaching them, must hold them accountable from week to week or day to day, and help them correct mistakes. Indiviudal errors are on the players, but coaches still need to address it. Patterns of problems, such as frequent confusion on defense, or frequently missed blocking schemes, do fall on the coaches, as the players either need to be taught better, or if they do not respond, need to be sat on the bench and replaced in the game. It's certainly not a black and white issue; players and coaches share a lot of responsibility, but the coach is at the top of it all.

• Fire 1

If those aren't eggs...

We're talking about the same thing. You don't give up that many yards and/or that many points playing well. Starting off well doesn't mean much when you utterly crap the bed from then on out.

There's no way to sugar-coat those stats. We gave up TONS of yards last year. The fact we only lost four games lies solely with Martinez' will to win.

I guess we will agree to disagree. We gave up tons of yards in our 4 loses, which is generally what happens in a loss.

People say that we regressed in 2010. Did you honestly expect us to be better in 10 than we were in 09?????

Offensively. Yes.

Edited above.

Defensively????

We were better offensively in 10 than we were in 09

It really doesn't matter EZ. When we hired Bo, if you approached me and said now True, Bo's second year will be his best defense in his tenure, it will only go downhill from there I would have said f#*k you then, hire someone else.

By every right in any sane persons mind you should have expected the defense to get better. Who in their right mind in 09 was thinking it will never get better than that. f'ing nobody. We were all thinking hell yes, this is how Bos defense is gonna be? I can't wait to see this every year or maybe even better. Most thought that as he got more of his players into his system it would surely get better. So in other words, I can't think of anyone I know who didn't think we had brighter days ahead defensively. Nobody I knew though Bo Pelini the "defensive guru" would come here and have records run on his ass. Don't for a minute pretend you did.

• Fire 1