Debate: What advantages does the Nebraska job have over the Oklahoma job

I like the Nebraska Fan base better. While there are exceptions, it is hard to beat the average Nebraska fan for class and passion. I also like your stadium better, but that may be more personal taste.

I am not sure the BIG is as much of an advantage, it just keeps you far away from Texas recruiting grounds and gives you more cold places to play.

Since we announced we were going to the BIG we have smashed you guys in recruiting Texas.

In 2012 and 2013, you got like 2 and 3 guys. in 2008 and 2009, before you were leaving, you used to get 8 and 9. I am sure the numbers vary, but you guys never got such low numbers were you were in the Big 12. You definitely lost ground in Texas. I am suprised you are now benchmarking your performance against my Jayhawks, with their 1 win last season. Let me know how that goes as a philosophy :)

Now I am not sure how it effected your overall efforts, as you gain new exposure for the B1G, as you lose it in Texas... I looked up the Huskers recruiting ranks for the last 10 years to see if there are any obvious trends... I admit Rivals is a bit of a beauty contest because they often base their ranks on who is recruiting a kid, so they become self fulfilling prophecies to a small degree, but here goes anyway.

Year Rivals Rank...

2002 #40 Big 12 with Solich

2003 #42 Big 12 with Solich

2004 #58 Big 12 with Callahan, first year coach

2005 #5 Big 12 with Callahan

2006 #20 Big 12 with Callahan

2007 #13 Big 12 with Callahan

2008 #30 Big 12, first Bo Year, following losing season

2009 #28 in Big 12

2010 #22 in Big 12, but B1G was a fact

2011 #15 B1G

2012 #25 B1G

2013 #17 B1G

What do I see in this? First Year coaches struggle to recruit, Solich likely do to running the old school stuff, was going after non traditional players, and moving conferences is hard to quantify. When Callahan hit his best year, and they were the best in recent times, it was in the Big 12. It is hard to know if you attribute that to the coach, the conference, or the lunar month. The Huskers are getting pretty solid classes now, and they are in the B1G. I think the safest conclusion that there is data to prove is that leaving hurt Nebraska in Texas, may have helped elsewhere.

I like the Texas kids we have- we pulled the best RB the state had to offer in 2012 and got a really good QB in 2011

However it's not always about how many Texans you have on your squad

In 94 we won a National Title with only 5 on the Roster

In 95 we won a National Title with just 8

In 1997 we won a National Title with just 8

This year we have 11

In our 2 VERY worst seasons in the University of Texas Conference- 2004 and 2007, we had 9 and 11 Texas boys on the team

I like the Nebraska Fan base better. While there are exceptions, it is hard to beat the average Nebraska fan for class and passion. I also like your stadium better, but that may be more personal taste.

I am not sure the BIG is as much of an advantage, it just keeps you far away from Texas recruiting grounds and gives you more cold places to play.

Since we announced we were going to the BIG we have smashed you guys in recruiting Texas.

So Jayhawk hops on, compliments Nebraska's fan base, compliments the stadium...and the very next post he finds his exception. Nice.

• Fire 6

I am not sure the BIG is as much of an advantage, it just keeps you far away from Texas r6ecruiting grounds and gives you more cold places to play.

So Jayhawk hops on, compliments Nebraska's fan base, compliments the stadium...and the very next post he finds his exception. Nice.

Good luck this year Kansas, hope Weis can turn it around.

So Jayhawk hops on, compliments Nebraska's fan base, compliments the stadium, and takes a jab at the Big 10 move because of cold weather and inability to recruit Texas...and the very next post he finds his exception. Nice.

Just sayin.....

• Fire 1

With Weis at the helm and his "definite schematic advantage on every snap" how could they go wrong?

He thought he could drop down from the NFL and School a bunch of guys he thought were YMCA 3rd grade coaches- well, didnt work out that way

For those with the well wishes, much obliged. Not sure where he haters are coming from, as I posted about recruiting between NU and OU and was by no means trolling. I agree masses of Texas kids are not required for The Huskers to succeed. I just observed, factually, you are getting less recruits from there now, which should not be a surprise.

Anyways, I think when NU was in the same conference as OU, I would have picked the Huskers (I grew up in KC) if I had to chose between the 2 as a football player. Now I would be more torn, maybe picking OU because I would be in the local conference, but Lincoln is still closer the Norman, so maybe not. Anyways, now that thought process will help you all across the rust belt states, so you end up just changing your profile.

Either way, good luck this year! If you make the Rose Bowl, I am THERE!

With Weis at the helm and his "definite schematic advantage on every snap" how could they go wrong?

He thought he could drop down from the NFL and School a bunch of guys he thought were YMCA 3rd grade coaches- well, didnt work out that way

I agree masses of Texas kids are not required for The Huskers to succeed. I just observed, factually, you are getting less recruits from there now, which should not be a surprise.

FACTUALLY?

Really?

We have 15 kids from Texas on the roster today

That is FAR MORE than what we had when we played in the Texas Conference

In 2004 we had 9 kids from Texas on the roster in 2007 we had 11 Texas kids

In most places in the world 15>11>9

THOSE are FACTS, real facts

Dont worry Im guessing when Texas bolts for even more $$ somewhere, leaving you high and dry and you dont have a conference to play in, The B1G might still be willing to allow you in so you can be in a real full fledged conference, instead of one only in name.

When you arent versed on a subject, dont bother talking about it, makes you look foolish

I agree masses of Texas kids are not required for The Huskers to succeed. I just observed, factually, you are getting less recruits from there now, which should not be a surprise.

FACTUALLY?

Really?

We have 15 kids from Texas on the roster today

That is FAR MORE than what we had when we played in the Texas Conference

In 2004 we had 9 kids from Texas on the roster in 2007 we had 11 Texas kids

In most places in the world 15>11>9

THOSE are FACTS, real facts

Dont worry Im guessing when Texas bolts for even more $$ somewhere, leaving you high and dry and you dont have a conference to play in, The B1G might still be willing to allow you in so you can be in a real full fledged conference, instead of one only in name.

When you arent versed on a subject, dont bother talking about it, makes you look foolish

2007: 7 Texas recruits

2008: 9 Texas recruits

2009: 8 Texas recruits

2010: 5 Texas recruits

2011: 5 Texas recruits

2012: 2 Texas recruits

2013: 3 Texas recruits

What matters is who we have rostered

We have more Texans rostered now, than we did back then when we played in the Texas Conference;

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=22&SPSID=4

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=4&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&Q_SEASON=2004

Firstly, your vitriol isn't very becoming. I find it odd that people who disagree keep insulting my team, when my point is not relevant to them in any way nor is my position couched in any sort of mean way, so...

Back to an attempt at discussion.

I would remind you that rosters lag years after recruiting. You were either in another conference when a lot if your current Texas kids came or still had good ties briefly thereafter. When we are tracking recruiting, I think the recruits you get are the measure. I am sorry You don't like my conclusion, but the Landlord has the same data I do and I think it is a clear trend. Again, not saying that is the end all to have more Texas kids, but it is one thing to note brought on for a logical reason.

No, what matters is how many kids from Texas we are recruiting now vs. before. Quit the strawman and try to keep up, would you? Read what he posted (and you attacked) again:

I just observed, factually, you are getting less recruits from there now, which should not be a surprise.

He said we are getting less recruits from Texas than we were before. This is true. I have proven this to be true with statistics. He never said we have less kids from Texas on the roster than we did before. Do you see how that is a separate statement with a different meaning?

We have more Texans rostered now, than we did back then when we played in the Texas Conference;

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=22&SPSID=4

http://www.huskers.c...8;Q_SEASON=2004

Firstly, your vitriol isn't very becoming. I find it odd that people who disagree keep insulting my team, when my point is not relevant to them in any way nor is my position couched in any sort of mean way, so...

Back to an attempt at discussion.

I would remind you that rosters lag years after recruiting. You were either in another conference when a lot if your current Texas kids came or still had good ties briefly thereafter. When we are tracking recruiting, I think the recruits you get are the measure. I am sorry You don't like my conclusion, but the Landlord has the same data I do and I think it is a clear trend. Again, not saying that is the end all to have more Texas kids, but it is one thing to note brought on for a logical reason.

So let me get this straight:

We joined the Big 12 in 1996

8 years later we have 9 kids from Texas on the roster

11 years later we have 11 kids from Texas on the roster

We leave the Big 12 and join the B1G in 2010

We now have 15 Kids from Texas on the Roster

What matters is who we roster- how many stick with the program

Also what is ALL THE FUSS about when it comes to Texas players?

We won ALL THOSE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS with very few kids from Texas on the team

In fact we did better when we had fewer Texans, not more

Our winning % was much higher in the years leading up to the Big12- than in the Big 12 and getting all those great Texas numbers

Texas kids- great

Being obcessed with them- nahh

Look how many NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS the University of Texas has won since 1971 having the pick of the litter of kids in Texas- ONE TITLE, how embarrassing for them

Meanwhile lil ol Nebraska with a lot less $$ and just a tiny handfull of Texans on it's rosters won 5 National Titles and played for a bunch of others in that very same time period