***2015 Recruiting***

Three-star safety Adrienne Talan of Pembrook Pines, Fla. confirms that he has broken his commitment to Oregon State. (H/T to @BlairRIVALS)

Rob Cassidy (@Cassidy_Rob) December 8, 2014

Talen says the Riley and Nebraska have already been in contact but no offer is on the table as of yet. @NateClouse

OK. I really can't see us needing another CB and another S. :confucius

It gets better, he offered another TE in this class. Another attempted poach job from Oregon state.

I guess he hasn't contacted Bussey yet, either.

Sweet.

Who cares where the kid is committed to? If they feel the kid is good enough to play at a high level why not try to get the kid to come with?

Three-star safety Adrienne Talan of Pembrook Pines, Fla. confirms that he has broken his commitment to Oregon State. (H/T to @BlairRIVALS)

Talen says the Riley and Nebraska have already been in contact but no offer is on the table as of yet. @NateClouse

It gets better, he offered another TE in this class. Another attempted poach job from Oregon state.

Sweet.

Who cares where the kid is committed to? If they feel the kid is good enough to play at a high level why not try to get the kid to come with?
I believe this is the kid ASU and USC started talking to when Riley left.

Sweet.

Exactly so why aren't people viewing this as a positive???

Exactly so why aren't people viewing this as a positive???

Looking at < Offering < Accepting the commitment. We became his best offer and it's probably not really close.

But none of that matters a whole lot. I'm pretty neutral on this offer. We have two TEs that have played a lot (Carter, Cotton) for two more years. We have a freshman who is a monster (Akinmoladun) and a great athlete on the way (Dillman). We're not exactly hurting at this position but I wouldn't mind another. The issue I have is we seem to be largely be offing at less-than positions of need. Perhaps the best guys the OSU staff has to bring along don't match up with what we need and they're already working on others which is fine. But could someone find a minute to call Bussey?

I'm more interested in why our staff that is still employed that is getting team ready hasn't been in contact encouraging kids to stay committed? Why isn't Fisher keeping tabs on this? Isn't it still in his 6 figure job duty?

They have been.

Why are we so worried about Bussey then if Fisher is keeping him updated and in contact?

I'm more interested in why our staff that is still employed that is getting team ready hasn't been in contact encouraging kids to stay committed? Why isn't Fisher keeping tabs on this? Isn't it still in his 6 figure job duty?

They have been.

Why are we so worried about Bussey then if Fisher is keeping him updated and in contact?

Are you just trying to be argumentative?

Would you like to hear from your new boss or your old boss?

They have been.

Are you just trying to be argumentative?

Would you like to hear from your new boss or your old boss?

Do we know Fisher isn't staying for sure?

Not sure if this helps but:

(a) August 1 through November 29, 2014 [except for (1) below]: Quiet Period
(1) Forty-two (42) evaluation days (54 for U.S. service academies) (see Bylaw 13.02.7.2) during the months of September, October and November, selected at the discretion of the institution and designated in writing in the office of the director of athletics; authorized off-campus recruiters shall not visit a prospective student-athlete’s educational institution on more than one calendar day during this period: Evaluation Perido

(b) November 30, 2014 through January 31, 2015 [except for (1) and (2) below]:
Six (6) in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial calendar week. Contact Period
(1) December 14, 2014, for all junior college prospective student/athlete swho intend to enroll midyear: Quiet Period
(2) December 15, 2014 through January 14, 2015: [applicable to all prospective student-athletes (see Bylaw 13.02.5.5.2): Dead Period

Link