***2015 Recruiting***

Thinking about the recruiting flurry of this past week. I know a lot of us are questioning the Banker hire. But...how big do you think naming DC and LBs coach was for some of the immediate work in retaining our guys, specifically some of these early signees who are on defense?

The three DBs locked down and the Davis twins who waffled but have remained committed for now were big. Sam McKewon I believe mentioned earlier this week how these players were all really, really committed to Bo (more attachment is typical of a recruit, perhaps? Wouldn't doubt it; Bo's personality is strong that way and his recruiting style was specifically referenced) and Riley essentially had to re-recruit all the commits.

I wonder if locking down that DC position with a well-traveled veteran wasn't also a very necessary part of efforts to keep this class from collapsing in the short term.

Angelo garbutt got 4 predictions to be N. Rb lb commit from osu.

Looks like he is mostly listed as an LB, anyone know what he was committed to OSU as? We offered him Wednesday and Iowa offered him yesterday.

Looks like LB to me. Bray was his recruiter but he also recruits Texas. Seems like most of the articles mention LB.

With the Dillman to H Back news, I wonder who we will see Riley target for QB. Will he look for a pure pocket guy?

I hope not.

not sure if I hope so or not.

but if he does turn a pretty big name QB recruit after the dead period... that would tell me someone on the staff watched some tape and wasn't sold...

I wouldn't mind a QB recruit, just not a pure-pocket guy. Look at the top 20 teams, maybe 4-5 use pure pocket guys. It's not what wins anymore. Now a pass first with some mobility, JT Barrett/Blake Sims style would be great.

I would welcome a pure pocket passer if he was good at it. It sure worked in Alabama (before Sims this year). Ultimately, I like a solid running game. The ability to run the ball coupled with play action from a quarterback who can accurately throw down field will always win games. One of the reasons (not the only one) that Bama attracts so many top recruits is they know that system translates well to playing on Sundays.

Get a QB that can make all the throws and if he is also a solid runner then even better

So in other words, find a QB with all the same qualities every other football school in the country is looking for? K, got it. Captain Obvious, you're double parked!

So in other words, not what Nebraska has been looking for? K, got it.

It's Christmas. Don't be an ass for a couple of days.