***2015 Recruiting***

U want a natty then u better sign top 10

May have said it before and unsure where I heard this, but no team with a recruiting class outside of top 15 has played for a national title in last 15+ years.

I ran the numbers a couple of years ago, using 5 previous class years to the title year, and I believe the results were mixed. I also did it for the teams that played in BCS Bowl games since many of those were elite and had legite shots at the MNC each year. Taking out Boise, Hawaii, and other notable exceptions, I noticed that Oregon, Auburn and some others weren't as high as you would have thought getting into the title game. Even OSU's MNC under the Vest wasn't quite as high as I would have thought. There is a correlation, but not a solid set in stone fact. I should pull that file out, dust it off, and update it to see what it says today.

If they really care about star rankings, I'd point them towards the "average" instead of total points. Total points takes into account # of commits, the average just looks at the quality...not quantity. We have a better average then 12 of the team ahead of us.

If all you care about is "average stars" i'll point you to our lack of depth, historical ratio of misses to hits...and emphasize the need for numbers.

If they really care about star rankings, I'd point them towards the "average" instead of total points. Total points takes into account # of commits, the average just looks at the quality...not quantity. We have a better average then 12 of the team ahead of us.

If all you care about is "average stars" i'll point you to our lack of depth, historical ratio of misses to hits...and emphasize the need for numbers.

Did I say I did? Was just suggesting a counter point for the other poster.

This post is going to be extremely optimistic but I believe it to be accurate. Riley and his staff have done an excellent job of keeping our class together. What if, just what if he is as good a recruiter as some think and he can rattle off an excellent month and finalize a class something like this:

QB: Burrow*

WR: Morgan

WR: Alston

TE: Snyder

OL: Decker

OL: Gaylord

OL: Barnett

DE: Neal

DE: Jones

DE: Miller

DT: Davis

DT: Davis

LB: Young

LB: Ferguson

LB: Garbutt

DB: Anderson

DB: Lee

DB: Williams

For you ratings junkies, that would be close to top 25 I would think.

For the rest of you, what a talented class this would be. I also don't believe it to be that far fetched. Burrow is the biggest stretch but he is a legacy player and supposedly is target #1. Neal is going to be tough to hang onto, Miller might come if he leaves or might come anyway. Alston is visiting here last and already has great relationship with MR. I guess time will tell. I could get down with this all night though.

So question about the final push and where Riley/co head is at.

Obviously they want a QB.

Another DE or are they thinking they might have to replace a current guy who is not going to commit?

LB seems to be a major area of concern for them. I am intrigued to see if we can land a stud late...

They arent twiddling there thumbs.. They are actively going after new kids... and bringing in connections that can excite these kids. Lots of NFL ties.