***2015 Recruiting***

By my count, we are at 85 right now. I've taken Gregory, Love and Hart off and I'm not including Lundie. I am including Turner as getting a Medical Hardship.

I get the feeling Gabe Miller may be done playing because of his back so that would be one more. I had thought David Sutton wouldn't come back for a fifth year but with the TE likely being more a part of the offense, I'm not sure what he'll do now. Of the remaining Juniors and Seniors, the two Junior OLinemen (Thurston and Whitaker) and Sutton are the only ones who weren't seeing the field this year (other than injuries). So if we take more than 1-2 more commits, there will have to be someone currently on the team leave. It won't surprise me if at least one QB leaves after spring ball. Other than that, I'm not sure who else would look to leave.

gabe miller is done I'm pretty sure...seems like I read that somewhere as well as his Twitter says "former long snapper at nebraska"

Yeah, his Twitter page say "Former starting Long Snapper for the University of Nebraska." Having "starting" in there makes it a little ambiguous but it's very possible he's done.

Wild card: Josh Faulkenberry. OK, its not really fair to call him a wild card, but he needs to be mentioned. He surprisingly became the man at long snapper in 2014 after an injury to scholarship snapper Gabe Miller. Miller is no longer on the roster. But Faulkenberry, who won a spot on the team at a walk-on tryout, handled the job without incident and still has three years left. Hes really a pretty good little story. Hed probably assume he isnt part of any stories anytime soon, though.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/ap/lee/peering-into-the-husker-cupboard-getting-defensive/article_0a11c337-4875-5d15-81c8-c98a07236f1f.html

this is where i saw that he wasn't on the roster...

Just saw that. Surely that can't be right.

We need them. We are woefully thin at LB right now. It says up to 7, so I interpret that to mean if they can find 7 quality guys in a short time span, they'll take 7. Otherwise take 4-5.

I would like to see a couple JC guys in the mix.

1 potential transfer

3-4 New kids

2-3 JUCO

Or

1 transfer

2-3 New kids

2-3 grayshirts or walkons.

Any number of ways to get 7 LBs in a class and not have them all in "one" class

If you thought Nebraska commit Jalin Barnett was big, get a load of NU offensive line target Darrin Paulo.

The "Paint the Nation Red" tour of Nebraska's football coaches — a three-week sprint to Signing Day — started Thursday with offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh and special teams coordinator Bruce Read making a trip to Grant High School in Sacramento, California, to see Paulo, a 6-foot-5, 330-pound three-star tackle at one of the state's top football programs.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recruiting-huskers-pursuing-giant-offensive-tackle/article_b11e9078-9cf4-11e4-af5c-3725b5610eb6.html

By my count, we are at 85 right now. I've taken Gregory, Love and Hart off and I'm not including Lundie. I am including Turner as getting a Medical Hardship.

I get the feeling Gabe Miller may be done playing because of his back so that would be one more. I had thought David Sutton wouldn't come back for a fifth year but with the TE likely being more a part of the offense, I'm not sure what he'll do now. Of the remaining Juniors and Seniors, the two Junior OLinemen (Thurston and Whitaker) and Sutton are the only ones who weren't seeing the field this year (other than injuries). So if we take more than 1-2 more commits, there will have to be someone currently on the team leave. It won't surprise me if at least one QB leaves after spring ball. Other than that, I'm not sure who else would look to leave.

gabe miller is done I'm pretty sure...seems like I read that somewhere as well as his Twitter says "former long snapper at nebraska"

Yeah, his Twitter page say "Former starting Long Snapper for the University of Nebraska." Having "starting" in there makes it a little ambiguous but it's very possible he's done.

Saw another report of him not being among the 85 so I think he's done. Also, I just realized that I hadn't taken Gregory off yet. Though I did that awhile ago.

So we are actually sitting at 15 commits which would be 83 scholarships. The way other reports are going, there doesn't seem to be any rumblings about anyone else leaving that they know of right now. So most places are saying 17 is the number of open spots but the B1G allows you to over-sign by three so we could get to 20. With the way we are putting out offers and the variety of positions we still seem to be looking at, I would say we're going to use at least part of that over-signing allowance.

If you thought Nebraska commit Jalin Barnett was big, get a load of NU offensive line target Darrin Paulo.

The "Paint the Nation Red" tour of Nebraska's football coaches — a three-week sprint to Signing Day — started Thursday with offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh and special teams coordinator Bruce Read making a trip to Grant High School in Sacramento, California, to see Paulo, a 6-foot-5, 330-pound three-star tackle at one of the state's top football programs.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recruiting-huskers-pursuing-giant-offensive-tackle/article_b11e9078-9cf4-11e4-af5c-3725b5610eb6.html

My goodness. He's on pace to be 350 by his junior year.

Just looking at guys that are on scholarship now that could potentially leave:

David Sutton- SR TE and I believe is a 5th year guy, hasn't made any noise. Would think Carter, Cotton, Foster, Freedom? and maybe Snyder are ahead of him.

Corey Whitaker- Jr Oline. Tore his ACL earlier this year didn't he? IIRC he tore it earlier in his career too.

Overall don't seem like any guys that might hang it up/leave.