urban meyer has been a buckeye for 20 months and has had 9 players arrested

MichiganMan

They publish an article where they preview it with, "Meyer MAY HAVE covered up...." just to get sales. Same way they boosted sales with the Boston bomber cover photo. :lol:

Sales? I just read the article on line, for free. Long read but, no more damning than any other "coach did this" article. And there is no "MAY HAVE". He did cover up some of this. He calls Hernandez to his office to read scripture too him.

Covering up a drive by shooting? Really? That seems a bit too extreme to believe from any coach.

You mean like when Dr. Tom held a gun that belonged to a player that might have been used in a crime and instead of turning it over immediately to police? Yeah, hard to believe.

I see your point. Is that story proven? If so, why is everyone so forgiving of TO if things like that went on?

Yes it's proven. Somebody just posted a link to an article from years back where Dr Tom said that the reason he didn't hand over the gun was because the police didn't ask him for it. Might be paraphrasing a bit.

Covering up a drive by shooting? Really? That seems a bit too extreme to believe from any coach.

You mean like when Dr. Tom held a gun that belonged to a player that might have been used in a crime and instead of turning it over immediately to police? Yeah, hard to believe.

I see your point. Is that story proven? If so, why is everyone so forgiving of TO if things like that went on?

Yes it's proven. Somebody just posted a link to an article from years back where Dr Tom said that the reason he didn't hand over the gun was because the police didn't ask him for it. Might be paraphrasing a bit.

The question that matters is, was it really used for a crime or not? If not, then why would he have had to turn it over? As he said, if they didn't ask, they may not have had a reason to suspect it.

So why does TO get a free pass from fans but coaches like Urban don't? I guess today's news cycles don't allow for this. I am sure most fans wouldn't want to see their schools old dirty laundry.

The question that matters is, was it really used for a crime or not? If not, then why would he have had to turn it over? As he said, if they didn't ask, they may not have had a reason to suspect it.

The police were looking for it. Since they didn't specifically ask TO, he didn't bother to offer it up either.

So why does TO get a free pass from fans but coaches like Urban don't? I guess today's news cycles don't allow for this. I am sure most fans wouldn't want to see their schools old dirty laundry.

Because you are in a Husker forum.

I understand that but TO has a good guy image outside of Nebraska. I wonder if it would be different for TO under the microscope the current coaches live under.

I understand that but TO has a good guy image outside of Nebraska. I wonder if it would be different for TO under the microscope the current coaches live under.

Just a different time back then. Not saying it's right. I'm just saying that's what it was.

Just a different time back then. Not saying it's right. I'm just saying that's what it was.

As a side note, I don't expect Nebraska fans to like Urban in any way. I come here to get a different perspective on Big 10 football that you won't find in Ohio.

As a side note, I don't expect Nebraska fans to like Urban in any way. I come here to get a different perspective on Big 10 football that you won't find in Ohio.

You also find quite a few Nebraska fans (probably not on this forum since it is more representative of the die hards) who disagree with things T.O. did. Lawrence Phillips, the rape case with Peters, etc.

I think it is much more blown up in this media. Aaron seems to be the modern day LP.

Because, that was probably his only incident of poor judgement. Urban Meyer on the other hand....