urban meyer has been a buckeye for 20 months and has had 9 players arrested

MichiganMan

LOL. This is great.

Is HuskerBoard the closest thing to neutral turf you guys can find?

I can only imagine the blood spattered threads that must exist on each of the OSU and UM boards. Looking forward to learning more about this rivalry and hopefully heating up a couple of our own. The Iowa, err, "rivalry" is not working out so far.

There is no neutral territory.

Here's what you need to know about the rivalry. Ohio State owns Michigan. The only things Michigan can still hang their hat on occurred in the 1800s and while the model T was still in production (their 14 game lead in the head to head rivalry and all but one of their championships)

I could go on, but last time I did, I was warned.

So I checked the last 30 years of the rivalry on wiki (1983-present)

UofM 15 wins

OSU 14 wins (counting the 1 that was vacated)

1 tie.

Yeah, well Michigan lost last year. Terrible.

yup. they are owned.

All I see are misdemeanors and dismissed charges. Let's look at Michigan:

Frank Clark - Felony 2nd degree Home invasion. Suspended one game

Fitzgerald Touissant - DUI. Suspended one game

Darryl Stonum - Violating probation. Kicked off team

Will Campbell - Felony vandalism and misdemeanor destruction of property. No punishment

Josh Furman - one misdemeanor count each of domestic violence, assault and battery and illegal entry. Found not guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Marvin Robinson - 2nd degree home invasion. Unknown on punishment

This is of course not counting Brendan Gibbons rape or Taylor Lewan's intimidation of a female as the woman is not wanting to press charges right now.

Two felony charges and its a slap on the wrist but by God you violate probation and you're kicked off the team

Bg5Es-keix0.gif

LOL. This is great.

I can only imagine the blood spattered threads that must exist on each of the OSU and UM boards. Looking forward to learning more about this rivalry and hopefully heating up a couple of our own. The Iowa, err, "rivalry" is not working out so far.

Here's what you need to know about the rivalry. Ohio State owns Michigan. The only things Michigan can still hang their hat on occurred in the 1800s and while the model T was still in production (their 14 game lead in the head to head rivalry and all but one of their championships)

UofM 15 wins

1 tie.

Yes, you can alter stats to prove your point. (why 1983? Because OSU won in 1981 and 1982? or just the past 30 years? - but shouldn't that be 1982 since we haven't played 2013 yet?)

What I counted, was since Ohio State was a Division I team and not a club team. (1912) So the entirity of OSU as an official football team, we've surpassed by one game, the head to head competition.

I dunno. I bag on Urban a fair amount. (After all, it's a football message board, right?) But I don't think he's a dirty or unethical coach. He goes after the best athletes. And sometimes—okay, oftentimes—players like that have big egos and small brains. That could explain Urban's poor record with player arrests. Or it might be that the police in Columbus just aren't as willing to turn a blind eye as they are in, say, Tuscaloosa.

... then there are the multiple failed drug tests that never amounted to anything.

I dunno. I bag on Urban a fair amount. (After all, it's a football message board, right?) But I don't think he's a dirty or unethical coach. He goes after the best athletes. And sometimes—okay, oftentimes—players like that have big egos and small brains. That could explain Urban's poor record with player arrests. Or it might be that the police in Columbus just aren't as willing to turn a blind eye as they are in, say, Tuscaloosa.

... then there are the multiple failed drug tests that never amounted to anything.

I guess I wasn't aware of that. If Urban did that, then that's a whole new can of worms. A blind eye towards failed drug tests fall squarely on the coach. URBAN MEYER IS THE DEVIL!! :lol:

LOL. This is great.

UofM 15 wins

1 tie.

Yes, you can alter stats to prove your point. (why 1983? Because OSU won in 1981 and 1982? or just the past 30 years? - but shouldn't that be 1982 since we haven't played 2013 yet?)

What I counted, was since Ohio State was a Division I team and not a club team. (1912) So the entirity of OSU as an official football team, we've surpassed by one game, the head to head competition.

My apologoies (1981-present)

OSU 16 wins (counting the 1 that was vacated)

UofM 15 wins

1 tie.

Is that better? If I pick the Tressel years OSU wins...Cooper years UofM...so I backed up a another decade and picked a round number.

LOL. This is great.

UofM 15 wins

1 tie.

My apologoies (1981-present)

OSU 16 wins (counting the 1 that was vacated)

UofM 15 wins

1 tie.

Is that better? If I pick the Tressel years OSU wins...Cooper years UofM...so I backed up a another decade and picked a round number.

Well I checked on the Model T. It was manufactured from 1908 to 1927, not the 1800s. A factoid that most Husker fans find more interesting that this crap about the Bucknuts and the Vulvarines. :lol:

Well I checked on the Model T. It was manufactured from 1908 to 1927, not the 1800s. A factoid that most Husker fans find more interesting that this crap about the Bucknuts and the Vulvarines. :lol:

I said they can only hang their hats on the 1800s AND while the Model T was in production. Those were seperate instances. And to interest you Husker fans, they're claiming 1997 as a National Championship :P

I said they can only hang their hats on the 1800s AND while the Model T was in production. Those were seperate instances. And to interest you Husker fans, they're claiming 1997 as a National Championship :P

If they want to claim that dinky little wooden thing as a national title I guess... But we've got the crystal ball and that's all anyone really cares about.

• Fire 3

LOL! Great way to try to drag US into the middle of this squabble! This is for your kids and grandkids. We gotta build our own special rivalries. And right now Iowa is looking "special" but just not in the way we hoped. Maybe we can get something going with Wisconsin. After all we know who the REAL Big Red is . . .

LOL! Great way to try to drag US into the middle of this squabble! This is for your kids and grandkids. We gotta build our own special rivalries. And right now Iowa is looking "special" but just not in the way we hoped. Maybe we can get something going with Wisconsin. After all we know who the REAL Big Red is . . .

Iowa State? :P

Should be Wiscy. Its already shaping up. Actually I hope you guys get OU back some day, too.

Should be Wiscy. Its already shaping up. Actually I hope you guys get OU back some day, too.

Personally, I think that is the only way to do it. Sure, there is potential that perhaps someday Nebraska will have a rival in the B1G, but that doesn't mean Nebraska can't still end the season with a game against Oklahoma. I believe I saw a ACC-SEC stat the other day where it had multiple OOC season enders (these were highlighted b/c they were intrastate games--yes, I know Nebraska and Oklahoma are not the same state): Kentucky-Louisville, Clemson-South Carolina (I refuse to write USC), Florida-Miami, perhaps more? Anywho, I am not going to stop bitching until Nebraska-Oklahoma is an OOC season ender too.