Cody Green/Tulsa

Everything I have ever heard about Cody Green is that he is a really tremendous person and a class act. But good lord, how did he ever get a 4 star billing coming out of high school?

Hit and miss. The PowerBall winner odds is better than recruiting game ;). For example, Marlon Lucky was 5 stars and I believe Sam Bradford was only 2 stars and very few offers. Recruiting battles was way over rated, always have been, always will be.

Bradford was the highest three-star but I agree with the rest.

explain "highest" :dunno

Everything I have ever heard about Cody Green is that he is a really tremendous person and a class act. But good lord, how did he ever get a 4 star billing coming out of high school?

Hit and miss. The PowerBall winner odds is better than recruiting game ;). For example, Marlon Lucky was 5 stars and I believe Sam Bradford was only 2 stars and very few offers. Recruiting battles was way over rated, always have been, always will be.

Rivals three star rating goes from 5.5 to 5.7. 5.8 is the start of the four-star range. Bradford's rating was 5.7.

Rivals three star rating goes from 5.5 to 5.7. 5.8 is the start of the four-star range. Bradford's rating was 5.7.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks

Cody Green may have gotten dumped into a couple situations where he wasn't ready, and perhaps would have benefitted from a more gentle learning curve.

Taylor Martinez was handed the entire 2010 season as a Freshman, and he was ready to go from the first snap.

Taylor made mistakes because he was trying to do too much.

Cody made mistakes because he was visibly nervous under pressure. And he rarely displayed either side of his supposed dual threat talent.

Quarterbacking is about the intangibles, confidence and leadership being at the top. Cody Green did not get mishandled by the Nebraska coaching staff, or suffer a substandard team any more than Joe Ganz, Zac Lee or Taylor Martinez. He lost the job fair and square. He was actually pretty lucky to land a starting job elsewhere and hasn't really surprised anyone with his play.

Good guy. Marginal quarterback. I'll root for him to have a good season at Tulsa and feel no regrets if he does.

Cody Green may have gotten dumped into a couple situations where he wasn't ready, and perhaps would have benefitted from a more gentle learning curve.

Taylor Martinez was handed the entire 2010 season as a Freshman, and he was ready to go from the first snap.

Taylor made mistakes because he was trying to do too much.

Cody made mistakes because he was visibly nervous under pressure. And he rarely displayed either side of his supposed dual threat talent.

Quarterbacking is about the intangibles, confidence and leadership being at the top. Cody Green did not get mishandled by the Nebraska coaching staff, or suffer a substandard team any more than Joe Ganz, Zac Lee or Taylor Martinez. He lost the job fair and square. He was actually pretty lucky to land a starting job elsewhere and hasn't really surprised anyone with his play.

Good guy. Marginal quarterback. I'll root for him to have a good season at Tulsa and feel no regrets if he does.

Martinez was also a redshirt freshman, and Green a true freshman. That year can make a difference.

Taylor is a great QB, but there must be a reason he redshirted in 2009 and Cody Green didn't. Cody must have shown some good talent.

Still know people who actually think he should be the starting QB here....

Same here. I know of two that legitimately think Cody got screwed over because Taylor's Dad payed Bo to play Taylor. Seriously.

I mean, how do you even acknowledge that kind though process.

I didnt and just walked away.

From my understanding Cody did grade-out the best in camp but Bo just fell in-love with TM's explosiveness.

I do think we should've went with Cody once our frosh running-qb could no longer run, that was ridiculous. He was better-equipped to play than a hampered TM.

That said Green seemed like a better practice player than a gamer. Nerves seemed to get the better of him in game situations. Last night wasn't typical of his work at Tulsa, usually plays considerably better, but a healthy TM is a better qb.

Cody is a great kid, hope he gets this turned-around.

Cody Green was dropped into a crappy situation in that 2009 Oklahoma game, made a mistake and got yanked. Not a good way to develop a freshman QB. Best of luck to him, I hope he continues to improve and enjoys his time at Tulsa.

Continues to improve? Wouldn't he have to start improving in order to continue doing so?

• Fire 1

I wonder if Tulsa regrets hitching their trailer on the Cody Green train. They were trending up before he got there. Had the pleasure of meeting their staff on a recruiting visit. Great bunch of people. Hope they get things straightened out.

Tulsa was 11-3 last year

In 2011 they were 8-5

11-3 is > than 8-5 and Tulsa scored 56 more points in 2012

I wonder if Tulsa regrets hitching their trailer on the Cody Green train. They were trending up before he got there. Had the pleasure of meeting their staff on a recruiting visit. Great bunch of people. Hope they get things straightened out.

Tulsa was 11-3 last year

In 2011 they were 8-5

11-3 is > than 8-5 and Tulsa scored 56 more points in 2012

Because their running game was ridiculous that year. They ran for 1000 yds more in 2012, and one rb alone accounted for 24 tds. Cody only threw for 17 tds, and completed a only 54% of his passes (of which a solid amount were screens). Their schedule was also markedly easier in 12 (no ranked opponents) than in 11 (4 teams in the top 10). I was reading on another board where a Tulsa fan said he is easily their worst qb in the past 10 years, maybe 20. I like Cody. Always have, always will. I was hoping, and expecting, he would do very well at Tulsa, possibly setting himself up for a potential career in the NFL. I didn't even watch the game last night, but I watched 4-5 last year, and he is a horrible qb. The guys before him were capable of winning shootouts in the high scoring Conference USA when nothing else was working. Cody Green cannot do that.