Song question: prayer

godd2

I was looking at pump up videos to show my class since it is husker friday here in this kansas classroom....

i found one that had a rap that was done to the locker room prayer...does anyone know why performs that?

Question for the board on this: I am a Christian so I naturally I think it's pretty cool that they do "the prayer" before games... but I realize a lot of people do not share the same faith and could even be offended by the fact that the team does this at a public institution. I know Ameer Abdullah is a devout Muslim and he loves the prayer they do. But I would like to hear the thoughts of you guys who may not be "prayers" so to speak. Just curious... thanks!

I was looking at pump up videos to show my class since it is husker friday here in this kansas classroom....

i found one that had a rap that was done to the locker room prayer...does anyone know why performs that?

Question for the board on this: I am a Christian so I naturally I think it's pretty cool that they do "the prayer" before games... but I realize a lot of people do not share the same faith and could even be offended by the fact that the team does this at a public institution. I know Ameer Abdullah is a devout Muslim and he loves the prayer they do. But I would like to hear the thoughts of you guys who may not be "prayers" so to speak. Just curious... thanks!

I'm not what you would consider a "prayer" but it doesn't really bother me. If you take out the "Dear Lord" at the beginning, it just becomes a mantra to get better, be a good sport, and kick some ass on gameday

Unless it calls out a deity specifically(i.e. sweet baby Jesus) then there isn't too much to be offended by. I always thought it took on more a "God of Football/Sports" feel. Beyond that, it is tough to get upset with something that was meant to teach humility. If anything I would be more upset that the original was bastardized than anything else. I get the feeling I am in the minority on that one though.

Full disclosure: I am a heathen. Though I do hate Vegans, so I may not go to hell after all.

I'm not what you would consider a "prayer" but it doesn't really bother me. If you take out the "Dear Lord" at the beginning, it just becomes a mantra to get better, be a good sport, and kick some ass on gameday

Agreed here^. I'm definitely not religious, but it doesnt offend me in the least. GBR!

Not sure what that is, but speaking of raps mixed with Husker stuff (and Christians), there's this: