\\ Official Wyoming Game Discussion Thread - 2013 Home Opener //

knapplc

The run D is ugly. I was hoping last year was some kind of freakish fluke, but now I'm really stumped... What the hell happened to Bo's defense?

Last year was Bo's defense. You saw that. You are seeing it again. Confusion. Mis-assignments. Bad assignments. No real-time coaching adjustments.

Lets hope some half-time adjustments are made. Again, we win this game guys --- worry not. But the coaching problems seem to have remained.

We screwed ourselves so many times. When you have 3rd & 1 you line up and snap the ball. You don't spend 17 seconds reading the defense. If you don't have a play that can get you one yard in five seconds against that defense, what do you have? Two false-start penalties on 3rd down were a direct result of taking too damned long to get a play in.

The defense is getting beaten on a simple motion strategy. They're getting the edge on their rushing plays and it's not that difficult.

I'll say this - there should have been about five more holding calls on Wyoming than there were. They're holding a LOT.

The run D is ugly. I was hoping last year was some kind of freakish fluke, but now I'm really stumped... What the hell happened to Bo's defense?

Last year was Bo's defense. You saw that. You are seeing it again. Confusion. Mis-assignments. Bad assignments. No real-time coaching adjustments.

Lets hope some half-time adjustments are made. Again, we win this game guys --- worry not. But the coaching problems seem to have remained.

No doubt we win the game, but we see the same scheme that yields unbelievable yards per carry. The scheme has to change. The Patriots should not be able to average 8.3 yards per carry against us.

Man, I have such a hard time believing this is his defense after the way he turned us around in 08. I think its a lack of talent, poor recruiting. Or maybe carl was the real genius

We screwed ourselves so many times. When you have 3rd & 1 you line up and snap the ball. You don't spend 17 seconds reading the defense. If you don't have a play that can get you one yard in five seconds against that defense, what do you have? Two false-start penalties on 3rd down were a direct result of taking too damned long to get a play in.

The defense is getting beaten on a simple motion strategy. They're getting the edge on their rushing plays and it's not that difficult.

I'll say this - there should have been about five more holding calls on Wyoming than there were. They're holding a LOT.

LOL, I cringe every time TM starts moving around changing the call because I know someone is about to jump.

Man, I have such a hard time believing this is his defense after the way he turned us around in 08. I think its a lack of talent, poor recruiting. Or maybe carl was the real genius

Or Marvin Sanders

This.