\\ Official Wyoming Game Discussion Thread - 2013 Home Opener //

knapplc

Seriously though, is our D line playing contain....or are they just week and need to hit the weights. How is it we have not gotten any real pressure on the QB?

I was wondering this as well. They went after the QB on that bad snap, but they seem to be just holding the O-Line every other time.

Playing contain would be fine ... if they contained anyone

Thought D-line was decent really. Santos has been very unimpressive.

The D Line was unimpressive and pedestrian, and the fact that that they are they only ones being sent is compounding the problem...

They're trying to stay as vanilla as possible. I can guarantee you if we need to, we will start blitzing and stunting guys around. Me being somewhat impressed with the d-line is relative, as they're all pretty much playing in their first game and showing some good things. Pressure has been okay, it's just that Smith is a very good qb when things break down. As far as stuffing the run, they haven't disengaged well, but they're holding the point. It's the linebacker's play to make, and Santos has been piss poor so far in his play recognition and angles.

We need to. We are leading Wyoming by 3, and we would be losing if Smith hadn't lobbed a ball into the endzone

The two times I remember us sending an extra guy, we stopped them for a loss or no gain. They'll probably start doing it much more early on if sending only 4 continues to proove ineffective.

Thought D-line was decent really. Santos has been very unimpressive.

The D Line was unimpressive and pedestrian, and the fact that that they are they only ones being sent is compounding the problem...

They're trying to stay as vanilla as possible. I can guarantee you if we need to, we will start blitzing and stunting guys around. Me being somewhat impressed with the d-line is relative, as they're all pretty much playing in their first game and showing some good things. Pressure has been okay, it's just that Smith is a very good qb when things break down. As far as stuffing the run, they haven't disengaged well, but they're holding the point. It's the linebacker's play to make, and Santos has been piss poor so far in his play recognition and angles.

Giving up 300 yards in the first half at home against Wyoming is not vanilla.

Screw vanilla! Just kill them and get the second stringers in there, don't worry about the next game. Win this one!