We need to stop handing out blackshirts at this point

Bo made the perfect comment when he addressed this "You can't win."

That is why this is comical.

LMAO.. when did he say this? He hit the nail on the head.

I'll try to find the article. But his next comment on that one was "You either hand them out too early or too late."

Bo made the perfect comment when he addressed this "You can't win."

That is why this is comical.

LMAO.. when did he say this? He hit the nail on the head.

I'll try to find the article. But his next comment on that one was "You either hand them out too early or too late."

yeah, it's literally a no win. people need to stfu. let it be what it is. they're pieces of clothing... the angst is totally misguided.

David Santos got killed all night on crossing routes. Bando looked better and Gerry made some plays.

The D-Line looked young, gaping holes in the running game. They looked like lineman though, not like too skinny Stienkeuler, not like too small Merideth. RG44 looked good.

I believe the D-Line will get better, I am worried about the LB's although we didn't see much of them with so much dime.

I do wonder if college football has caught up with Bo's system. I question whether a MLB can cover a RB on a crossing route, which Bo requires his MLB too do in his man 2 man system. In 2009 Phillip Dillard succeeded as an average MLB because nobody had figured out Bo's system, I remember OU running the RB flare over and over and an average MLB can stop that. After that Lavonte David came onto the scene, an above average MLB. This may be the key to Bo's D and I wonder if that MLB is at NU.

David Santos got killed all night on crossing routes. Bando looked better and Gerry made some plays.

The D-Line looked young, gaping holes in the running game. They looked like lineman though, not like too skinny Stienkeuler, not like too small Merideth. RG44 looked good.

I believe the D-Line will get better, I am worried about the LB's although we didn't see much of them with so much dime.

I do wonder if college football has caught up with Bo's system. I question whether a MLB can cover a RB on a crossing route, which Bo requires his MLB too do in his man 2 man system. In 2009 Phillip Dillard succeeded as an average MLB because nobody had figured out Bo's system, I remember OU running the RB flare over and over and an average MLB can stop that. After that Lavonte David came onto the scene, an above average MLB. This may be the key to Bo's D and I wonder if that MLB is at NU.

I thought Bo runs a "Matchup zone" coverage scheme that is supposed to look like a zone presnap but has man coverage principles. Seems complicated to me, i wonder if that's what causes so many breakdowns over the last four years on our D

To a degree I think Bo's asked for it by changing the perception of the Blackshirt, from practice jerseys for the starting D, to a trophy of success. This really opens up to every performance that isn't utterly elite being held up to the question of, "Why are they handed out?"

But I don't know, this whole topic doesn't seem to be that relevant or meaningful to any woes we might be experiencing. To say the least :lol:

What folks need to understand when you play this type offense that is a spread type with lot of action and quick hitters is that Bo's philosophy is predicated on knowing the opponent. Film study, film study, film study. Why do you think our 2010 defense was so stout against everyone (except OSU)? it's because they were experienced and knew the tendancies and concepts of every team they faced by heart. Now, Christensen knew this. He knew how Bo completely shut him down in '09 and '10. He also knew that our defense tonight didnt have jack sh#t on him. They knew nothing of Wyoming-at least not in the context required to be in shut down mode. I drank the koolaid too, but realized 1 possession in it was gonna be a challenge. Bret Smith is the real deal and will be playing in the NFL. He made numerous Aaron Murray-esqe throws. But when you talk about some of our guys getting beat by crossing patterns, it's because (obvious to me anyways) the experience and anticipation isnt there. The alignment isnt perfect. You lose one step and that's all it takes in this quick hit offense.

Obviously we didnt throw the book at them. maybe we dug a little deeper late in a desperation mode.

I'll be honest. I was more dissappointed with the offense than I was the defense. If they finish off a couple drives earlier in the game, it woulda been over by the end of the 3rd if not halftime as I expected. I guess I just dont know what folks expected from the defense against Wyomings experienced and talented qb. I expect a big jump week 1 to 2.

It also didnt help that it appeared that the entire team (and stadium too for that matter-that's another subject of bitchen) decided to turn the switch of at 37-21 with 7 minutes or so left.

This isn't a 'fire blah blah blah' post. But...

Maybe we should stop handing out contract extensions first?

Not giving out contract extensions would kill recruiting. Aside from all the clauses and bla bla bla, simply you cannot allow contracts to go below 2 years. it's a sign of trouble. You have to give those extensions (unless youre Dan Hawkins heh heh) as a sign of continuity and trust. You give a coach a 4 year contract upon hire. That's pretty standard. You let that go below 2 years and you put off the vibe that youre losing the faith in the coach. No extension? You might as well just fire him now all together. That's why Callahan got his following '06. He had been making progress at that point. That cant be argued. Then '07 happened and it looks like the wrong decision.