East upper deck experience

newman

not hearing the band is not a bad thing

The band is one of the things that makes it college football to me. If all I hear is music blaring from the speakers it feels like the NFL.

I agree just not ours...its the same thingg all the time....wish they would change things up....and that same tomohawk chop thing they play every 3 downs has GOT to go

Crowd noise was terrible. East expansion (600s) experience was great. Not as high as I was expecting. Actually very good seats and I prefer them to any endzone seats. Only complaint was the escape plan... escalators were not planned well and the crowd congestion led to the escalators pushing everyone on top of each other and people falling at the bottom. Lawsuits might be underway and it wouldn't surprise me to see them open up some of the club level elevators for the end of the game starting next week.

hao0NbU.jpg

I really wanted season tickets in the new section (ended up in North Stadium)--seems like a great view. On a somewhat related note--anyone know where I can find a seating chart of memorial Stadium with actual seat numbers? Trying to get UCLA game tickets for someone who needs an aisle seat.

I don't think their is a comprehensive chart like that. Seat 1 should always be aisle and on the far right of the section. The aisle seat on the opposite end (left) will vary a lot based on section and row. Your safest bet is to look for seat #1, or contact the ticket office.

Crowd noise was terrible. East expansion (600s) experience was great. Not as high as I was expecting. Actually very good seats and I prefer them to any endzone seats. Only complaint was the escape plan... escalators were not planned well and the crowd congestion led to the escalators pushing everyone on top of each other and people falling at the bottom. Lawsuits might be underway and it wouldn't surprise me to see them open up some of the club level elevators for the end of the game starting next week.

hao0NbU.jpg

Great picture view! I noticed guard rails are kinda flimsy........how high? I'm worried about drunken people or unattended kids tumbling off.

They weren't flimsy but they were short. Probably about 38-40" (waist level for me, which was pretty scary). They kept them low to keep from blocking the views, but I'm definitely worried about someone falling. I'm surprised they didn't build any kind of short net a few feet below. Might have been a minor eye sore but could definitely save a life.

Sec 601 Row 1 Seat 7

Loved the seats!! I am a huge fan of seeing everything on the field. I love seeing how the defenses and offenses line up and how plays develop and seeing things that are happening down field. So for me, these seats are great!

Having front row seats, the railing is actually closer to about 30 inches. I know the design standards are a minimum of 26 inches for seating area (40 inch minimum for aisles/traffic areas), but these were slightly higher than the minimum of 26. They weren't flimsy at all despite their look (which look that way to minimize any view obstruction). I also wasn't worried at all about falling over or anything like that. I was more worried about accidentally dropping my phone...

The extra 2 inches per seat we had were considerably noticeable. Having sat squeezed next to people in other parts of the stadium, the elbow room was definitely something that I really liked. It seemed everyone was comfortable (despite the heat).

I went to the top, and although it may be steep. It did not feel steep compared to places like Arrowhead and Kauffman Stadiums. Why? Each row has a railing in front of the bleachers. This meant more leg room, and gave the feeling of not feeling like you could easily fall into the seats in front of you.

Going to the restroom was quick! At any other part of the stadium, you have to wait until halftime or something to go to the restroom because the journey is so long to get there. Up there, it's a quick journey and could easily go during shorter time outs. That is definitely nice. Same goes for concessions. (See below about restroom complaints though)

Of course, I do not get uneasy about heights, this could be different for someone who is.

Complaints:

Definitely couldn't hear the band as loudly as you'd like. I for one am a fan of hearing the band. I can live with it, you can still hear them, just not as loud as I have experienced in other parts of the stadium. (Halftime show was loud enough though).

Being in section 601, we were at one end of the upper deck. Having been drinking water all day to ensure hydration, the first time I tried to find a restroom I was taken quite by surprise. Why? I had to pass by 3 Women's restrooms before getting to the Men's. I understand the need for more restrooms for women and all, I can live with that, but 3 restrooms in a row?!? I mean 2W then 1M then 1W could make more sense. The line wasn't too bad, but still, when you really have to go and do not want to miss any action, passing 3 women's restrooms was not fun... Haha!

Other than that, I am glad we got these seats! I didn't have any issues getting out, we took an elevator down (might've got lucky though).

• Fire 1

Almost exact same view as the Skyboxes. Just a bit sunnier is all. And a bit more cost effective. I like the view from high up like that. You can really see the blocking scheme unfolding. But I wouldn't sit there without a decent set of binoculars. :lol: