Rewatched Game- Defensive Thoughts

Warrior10

Wasnt making it personal, you said above "im a star guy" And that makes sense to me, your a stat and star guy. Why is that a bad thing to point out? It's who you are after all.

From an earlier post:

its blatantly obvious by your posting you have no idea whats going on, then you go on and admit it, yet spout off acting like you know something about football, when in reality, you looked at the score and the yards givin up and jumped to conclusions. Maybe before stating your opinion publicly you would, you know, actually watch how the game unfolded ONCE let alone two or three times, to see what really happened before you make stupid comments and make yourself look ignorant.

I'm willing to look the other way..

Cross was down BTW, despite what the refs called. It would have been reviewed and overturned had WYO recovered.

I noticed this too. But I'll take the free 5 yards. :lol:

Had that been reviewed and overturned appropriately, it would have been the 4th overturned call of the game. Sad.

This reminds me...do we have Pac-12 or B1G officials for the UCLA game?

I agree. The talent is there. Lots of it. Young guys and inexperienced. Just need game reps and each week should be an improvement. Play fast and physical, react without over thinking.

Did Michael Rose play? If not, why not?

Let me first say it seems odd you are engaged in debate here and you don't know if Rose played. But the answer to your why or why not question is LBs playing time in the Wyoming game had much to do with the ability to defend the passing game.....that according to Pap.

• Fire 1

I agree. The talent is there. Lots of it. Young guys and inexperienced. Just need game reps and each week should be an improvement. Play fast and physical, react without over thinking.

You just need to go away.

The whole "the sky is falling" thing is getting old.

• Fire 1
I see some posts about the McBride defense attacking the spread defenses, punishing the QB, etc. Yes, we all love those glory days, but there is a huge difference between now and then. The proliferation of the mobile QB, who is able to also pass, is what makes the spread defenses so hard to defend. McBride was able to send Wistrom and company off the edges and attack Wuerfel because the QB was a statue. Without the fear of the QB taking off and run at any time, the defenses were able to attack more freely. With today's mobile QB's who can also throw, it's so much easier for them to move around in the backfield and make a pass to an open receiver down field. Smith from Wyoming did that countless times last week. Defenses today, have to play more contain/coverage, try to get pressure with their front 4, and try to limit the big plays in the secondary.

Charlie Ward...

Let me first say it seems odd you are engaged in debate here and you don't know if Rose played. But the answer to your why or why not question is LBs playing time in the Wyoming game had much to do with the ability to defend the passing game.....that according to Pap.

Whats Rose's #?

Obviously you have to have the talent to run any scheme.

Exactly my point. When a team has an outstanding defense, do you remember the scheme they ran, or do you remember the players who made it happen?

Both.

Seriously, I'm having deja vu back to '07 and the "Coz Dialogues". Same ol', same ol'. They're gonna get it fixed, you know they are.

If we end up having a good season, nothing like the 2007 meltdown. Can we ban you?

Can we do it, regardless? Please
  • Fire 3

The proliferation of the mobile QB, who is able to also pass, is what makes the spread defenses so hard to defend. McBride was able to send Wistrom and company off the edges and attack Wuerfel because the QB was a statue. Without the fear of the QB taking off and run at any time, the defenses were able to attack more freely. With today's mobile QB's who can also throw, it's so much easier for them to move around in the backfield and make a pass to an open receiver down field. Smith from Wyoming did that countless times last week. Defenses today, have to play more contain/coverage, try to get pressure with their front 4, and try to limit the big plays in the secondary.

Another example involving a Smith was in 1997.....a championship year for us. We destroyed Peyton Manning and the Vols in the bowl game, but Brad Smith gave our defense fits in that Missouri game (the Flea Kicker game).

you mean Corby Jones?

Sorry. Didnt finish reading. Sorry if it's already been corrected.

Whats Rose's #?

Come on back to the shed so i can lite you up some more. Stand your ground, dont block me like a 2 year old.

Whats Rose's #?

Come on back to the shed so i can lite you up some more. Stand your ground, dont block me like a 2 year old.

Thank you Fowler, on behalf of Huskerboard.

Whats Rose's #?

Maybe you could direct me to a block fx, if there is one....or, I'll just skip reading your stuff, thats easy enough.

I'm just stating facts about the 4 qtr outcome of the game. I think the prudent fan is now preparing him/her self, psychologically, for 8-4.

What you called "prudent" I'd call "pessimistic". We can still go undefeated - doesn't seem likely but it's possible.

Undefeated? Yea, anything's possible. Not probable, though, IMO. I hope that's not too 'pessimistic' for you.