Fan skepticism and impatience

fans have been noticing the same issues for years now and seeing them again in game one

Isn't the focus of the gripe from game one the allowing of 600 yards? That's a recent issue for Pelini's tenure and they are addressing it immediately through the recruiting efforts we are seeing take the field now.

Of course it's easier when you're an underdog, and maybe you're putting all your eggs into one basket to score that Major Upset, but I really wish the Huskers would find one game where they could come out on fire, ears pinned back and ready to prove themselves on every side of the ball. One of the reasons I was feeling pretty good about last year's Big Ten Championship Game is because the Huskers had been ragged and scrappy to get to that point, but never really put together a single complete game. Seemed they were due that single complete game, especially after a wake-up call against Iowa and a BCS Bowl at stake.

Wyoming may be better than expected from last year's 100th rated offense.

But still....

Anyone want to bet Wyoming doesn't hang 600 yards on the vaunted Idaho Vandal defense this week?

Of course it's easier when you're an underdog, and maybe you're putting all your eggs into one basket to score that Major Upset, but I really wish the Huskers would find one game where they could come out on fire, ears pinned back and ready to prove themselves on every side of the ball. One of the reasons I was feeling pretty good about last year's Big Ten Championship Game is because the Huskers had been ragged and scrappy to get to that point, but never really put together a single complete game. Seemed they were due that single complete game, especially after a wake-up call against Iowa and a BCS Bowl at stake.

Wyoming may be better than expected from last year's 100th rated offense.

But still....

Anyone want to bet Wyoming doesn't hang 600 yards on the vaunted Idaho Vandal defense this week?

I would say they had a few of those games the first 2 years of the B1G.

Offenses have changed so much just in the last 5 years. I think Bo is still finding the best way to combat this, and has obviously been unsuccessful thus far. Mike Leach and Chip Kelly have changed football, and it's bleeding over to the NFL.

I remember watching football when I was younger and watching teams do a 2 minute drill and score all the time. I remember thinking.. "Why don't they just do that all the time".

Spreading everyone out with 4 and 5wr puts the defense one on one. It's such a huge disadvantage when you consider your trying to cover someone who knows where they are going and your just trying to guess or stay with em the best you can. Then you have a QB like Smith who is deadly accurate and can throw on the run with deadly accuracy... It's not easy to defend.

I think from here on out Bo will make it a point to stop the run, and put the CBs on an island and tell em to do there best, we don't have a choice. The dline and LBers need help

I think Bo is showing some maturity by not ripping into his players after the game.......Husker fans not so much.

What I am getting tired of is the excuese "we were in position to make plays, we just didn't execute". I hear this alot from Bo and it's putting the fault on the players instead of himself. He did say there were some scheme issues, but I hear the same thing after every blowout. I do think that there are reasons why we played so poorly (first game and young team), but I am on the teetering point with Bo. I have been a full on Boliever from the beginning, but this was exactly the type of game that wasn't supposed to happen anymore and we see it multiple times a year now. I am starting to see too many similarities to the Callahan era, and that makes me uncomfortable. I do want Bo to succeed here and I will always support the team, but I need to stop seeing our opponents putting up 600+ yards, especially teams like Wyoming.

Offenses have changed so much just in the last 5 years. I think Bo is still finding the best way to combat this, and has obviously been unsuccessful thus far. Mike Leach and Chip Kelly have changed football, and it's bleeding over to the NFL.

I remember watching football when I was younger and watching teams do a 2 minute drill and score all the time. I remember thinking.. "Why don't they just do that all the time".

Spreading everyone out with 4 and 5wr puts the defense one on one. It's such a huge disadvantage when you consider your trying to cover someone who knows where they are going and your just trying to guess or stay with em the best you can.

Nick Saban doesn't seem to have a problem with figuring it out.

Spreading everyone out with 4 and 5wr puts the defense one on one. It's such a huge disadvantage when you consider your trying to cover someone who knows where they are going and your just trying to guess or stay with em the best you can.

Good for him, he can get any athlete to play for him in the country. Pretty easy when you have all the talent in the world at your disposal. He didn't do to hot at Michigan State did he?

Good for him, he can get any athlete to play for him in the country. Pretty easy when you have all the talent in the world at your disposal. He didn't do to hot at Michigan State did he?

So is it a coaching thing or a player thing? You said Bo hasn't figured out how to adjust defense to today's game. I say look at Saban. Yes he has talent but he sill has to coach them and put them in the right places.

So is it a coaching thing or a player thing? You said Bo hasn't figured out how to adjust defense to today's game. I say look at Saban. Yes he has talent but he sill has to coach them and put them in the right places.

Pelini still has to coach these new guys we have on defense now. The difference is hopefully these guys have the physical ability we lacked the past couple of seasons. And to be clear, our recruiting issues are on Pelini. The good news is he seems to have made them a priority.

manziel-cutout.png

manziel-cutout.png

xxr3.png

I am starting to see too many similarities to the Callahan era, and that makes me uncomfortable.

1. Giving up 600 yards 2. ???

I really hate being the negative one, and I know the first game of the season is too soon to get an idea of how good the team is, but these have seem to become much more of a trend recently.

2. Struggling with teams we are much more talented than

3. Not having fire and intensity every game (as admitted by players)

4. Getting out coached.

5. The offense having to carry the load.

6. This may be a bit of a stretch, but losing the connection with past players.

However, I do think that Bo is doing a hell of a job with the character of the team off the field. We don't have to worry about off the field issues,

grades, or NCAA violations. I actually like Bo alot and I want him to be the guy to get us a championship, but I'm starting to wonder how much time he needs.

• Fire 1