This Week's Polls...Up, Down or Stay the Same?

So unranked Miami beats 12 ranked Florida so Miami is instantly ranked 15 in the country? Yet, Florida loses to an unranked team and only falls to 18?

Baylor beats Buffalo. Wisconsin beats Tennessee Tech. Nebraska beats Southern Miss. Baylor and Wisconsin move up, Nebraska falls back? Add insult, Oklahoma beats and unranked West Virgina, only beats them by 5 points and they move up two spots?

I can't even begin to make any sense of this?

Nebraska, Baylor, and Wisconsin have all played garbage teams in both weeks. Nebraska struggled the first game and looked fine, but not great, against the worst team in FBS. Let's take a look at combined scores from the first two weeks.

Nebraska: 93-47

Wisconsin: 93-0

Baylor: 139-16

Look at the numbers and tell me the ranking between those 3 teams. The only thing that doesn't make sense is you not understanding Nebraska should be ranked worse out of those 3 teams.

So unranked Miami beats 12 ranked Florida so Miami is instantly ranked 15 in the country? Yet, Florida loses to an unranked team and only falls to 18?

Baylor beats Buffalo. Wisconsin beats Tennessee Tech. Nebraska beats Southern Miss. Baylor and Wisconsin move up, Nebraska falls back? Add insult, Oklahoma beats and unranked West Virgina, only beats them by 5 points and they move up two spots?

Nebraska, Baylor, and Wisconsin have all played garbage teams in both weeks. Nebraska struggled the first game and looked fine, but not great, against the worst team in FBS. Let's take a look at combined scores from the first two weeks.

Look at the numbers and tell me the ranking between those 3 teams. The only thing that doesn't make sense is you not understanding Nebraska should be ranked worse out of those 3 teams.

Was he arguing that Nebraska shouldn't be ranked the worst?

I thought he was arguing that they shouldn't be the only one to move DOWN in the polls...

Wyoming has also proven that they could be decent for what they are....

• Fire 1

Wisconsin--played the worst team in FBS and Tennessee Tech

Baylor--played FCS and Buffalo

Nebraska--played Wyoming and Southern Miss (which by the way we looked more than fine against the Golden Eagles)

Let's take a look at what those teams played in Week 1 did in Week 2.

Wyoming went on to beat Idaho 42-10

Wofford beat The Citadel 21-10

UMass lost to Maine 24-14.

Out of those teams, I'd say Wyoming looks the best.

Now how about the teams that were played in Week 2. How did they do in Week 1?

Tennessee Tech beat Cumberland (??) 63-7. Really impressive that the Badgers kept them off the board....

Southern Miss lost to Texas State 22-15. I'll argue that Texas State is a lot better than Cumberland.

Buffalo looked pretty good against Ohio State, losing 40-20.

Out of those teams, I'd say Buffalo looks the best (Baylor).

Considering the results the three teams put up against those teams, I'd go with:

Baylor

Wisconsin

Nebraska

But the gap between Wisconsin and Nebraska is very very small.

Was he arguing that Nebraska shouldn't be ranked the worst?

I thought he was arguing that they shouldn't be the only one to move DOWN in the polls...

Wyoming has also proven that they could be decent for what they are....

yeah, perhaps you're right. In some way, you can sort of view both of them the same, but I think the respective scores tell the same story. Looking at the scores, I can see why Nebraska has moved down (and thusly ranked the lowest), and why the other teams have moved up.

I don't really care about the polls at this point, but if you're going to analyze them, I think it makes sense that we have moved down the first two weeks and are ranked the lowest.