Message to the b.l.a.ckout Hold-Outs

drummer7

To those proposing the B******: Do you know why those other schools promote them?

It's because they want to emulate what we have here at Nebraska - the Sea of Red. The difference is the other schools have to pass out t-shirts, make press releases, and put forth a huge campaign to accomplish what happens here organically.

By promoting a B******, you are copying those other schools.

If we're copying those who are copying us, aren't we copying ourselves? =) Talks of blackshirts (no *'s) is universal for "Saturday can't get hear soon enough."

To those proposing the B******: Do you know why those other schools promote them?

It's because they want to emulate what we have here at Nebraska - the Sea of Red. The difference is the other schools have to pass out t-shirts, make press releases, and put forth a huge campaign to accomplish what happens here organically.

By promoting a B******, you are copying those other schools.

If we're copying those who are copying us, aren't we copying ourselves? =) Talks of blackshirts (no *'s) is universal for "Saturday can't get hear soon enough."

Woah, you just stepped into a dimension which I do not wish to follow you into.

And yeah no doubt, can't freaking wait for Saturday!

At the last game I saw one person wearing a light green t-shirt and another wearing red with a big cartoonish Wisconsin "W" on his back (do the Warner Brothers ever get mad at the Badgers for stealing their logo, btw?). I think these are much worse examples of not supporting the team than either wearing black because some team members asked OR wearing red because tradition demands it.

I'm not against the B******, but I tend to side with the traditionalists on this one. Sure, newbies like Oregon HAVE to do bizarre things with their uniforms to gain attention. Programs with no history of success like Northwestern are going to change their logo, their color scheme, anything they can think of to make people think they're ushering in a new era of unprecedented success. We don't have to resort to gimmicks--we're Nebraska. The premier programs in this country are built on tradition and a long, storied history of success---why would we want to copy other programs whose accomplishments aren't exactly anything to brag about? Just because "everyone's doin' it?" I don't know how often Michigan, Oklahoma, and Alabama have changed their uniforms over the years, but I would guess not very often (and even then, only minor tweaks).

Hey, I'll wear black for one game because Taylor Martinez told us to--no problem. But let's cut the traditionalists some slack. If they were Iowa State fans and felt that wearing anything but Cyclone red was an insult to the legacy of that program...then ok--that's illogical. But at a program like Nebraska, tradition carries just a bit more weight, and rightfully so.

At the last game I saw one person wearing a light green t-shirt and another wearing red with a big cartoonish Wisconsin "W" on his back (do the Warner Brothers ever get mad at the Badgers for stealing their logo, btw?). I think these are much worse examples of not supporting the team than either wearing black because some team members asked OR wearing red because tradition demands it.

I'm not against the B******, but I tend to side with the traditionalists on this one. Sure, newbies like Oregon HAVE to do bizarre things with their uniforms to gain attention. Programs with no history of success like Northwestern are going to change their logo, their color scheme, anything they can think of to make people think they're ushering in a new era of unprecedented success. We don't have to resort to gimmicks--we're Nebraska. The premier programs in this country are built on tradition and a long, storied history of success---why would we want to copy other programs whose accomplishments aren't exactly anything to brag about? Just because "everyone's doin' it?" I don't know how often Michigan, Oklahoma, and Alabama have changed their uniforms over the years, but I would guess not very often (and even then, only minor tweaks).

Hey, I'll wear black for one game because Taylor Martinez told us to--no problem. But let's cut the traditionalists some slack. If they were Iowa State fans and felt that wearing anything but Cyclone red was an insult to the legacy of that program...then ok--that's illogical. But at a program like Nebraska, tradition carries just a bit more weight, and rightfully so.

Tennessee

BRuETbeCAAEtwco.jpg

Ohio State unveiled their uniforms for the Michigan game:

http://www.ohiostate...w.gal?id=129842

Uni1.jpg

Uni2.jpg

Uni4.jpg

http://www.the-ozone...an/uniform.html

http://www.detroitne...l|text|Sports|p

6393124.jpeg

Will be worn against Alabama