So.....who ya gonna get?

arkiehusker

Here's what I think:

Offer Petersen $4 mil or even $5 mil to leave Boise State.

If he declines...

Offer Strong $4 mil or even $5 mil to leave Louisville.

If he declines...

Interview James Franklin, Scott Frost, (EDIT - add Al Golden, Troy Calhoun & Pat Fitzgerald) and maybe another 1-2 names. Then hire the best interview w/ the best resume.

Here's what I think:

If he declines...

If he declines...

Interview James Franklin, Scott Frost and maybe another 2-3 names. Then hire the best interview w/ the best resume.

TO's tenure shows at least some food for thought about not replacing a head coach every 5 years.

Here's what I think:

If he declines...

If he declines...

Interview James Franklin, Scott Frost and maybe another 2-3 names. Then hire the best interview w/ the best resume.

Pat Fitzgerald should be in there somewhere, and then you got a good list.

Pat Fitzgerald should be in there somewhere, and then you got a good list.

Problem with pursuing Fitzgerald is that he's already in the Big Ten and, to make matters even more difficult, at his alma-matter. We could really piss Delaney off with such a move. I think there are plenty of other solid coaches available besides Fitzgerald.

Dabo swinney

Why would he leave Clemson?

He won't for anyone but Bama, and that's only because he's a Bama grad. Clemson gave him his chance to get back into coaching in 2003, and then his opportunity to be a head coach in 2008. He's built his dream home in Clemson, first kid just started high school, I just don't see him leaving as much as he's put into laying the foundation at Clemson.

plenty of options for us. I am also in the group that feels we need a person with HC experience. I can see Frost making his way back here but not at this time. I want him to dominate as the OC and then hopefully take a mid major HC gig and show what he is made of. Whenever we have another HC vacancy regardless of where Frost is he would most likely come home.

Doug Doeren is on my short list