Scott Frost

bleedNUred

There is no way that this scenario will ever happen, but here's a nice suggestion. Hire Frost to be the OC and let him run the offense. Let Bo run the defense and have him actually spend his whole time with the defense. He can still be the head coach, but just give him the title of DC as well and let him do what he does. Therer is no way that it will work out that way, but I can dream.

I agree that Scott doesn't have the experience yet, but I'm not sure that we could draw the high profile coach that we'd all love to see. If Scott is viewed as an "up and comer", I for one would love to see his climb take place here. The two points that I hear about him from people who follow Oregon are that he is extremely well liked by the players and he's a stud in recruiting. Those are two points that would sure be nice to have in place here. Just sayin...

• Fire 1

Even with more successful years at Oregon, Frost will not be a superstar OC.

post-24030-mark-wahlberg-confused-speechl-qY5h.gif

It's just unlikely, isn't it? A couple more years at Oregon as an OC when the real OC is the HC, running a system handed down from the previous HC/OC. Take Carl - he definitely has a good resume from his years here as a DC under Bo, but that doesn't make him one of college football's top defensive minds and a superstar DC in his own right.

There is no way that this scenario will ever happen, but here's a nice suggestion. Hire Frost to be the OC and let him run the offense. Let Bo run the defense and have him actually spend his whole time with the defense. He can still be the head coach, but just give him the title of DC as well and let him do what he does. Therer is no way that it will work out that way, but I can dream.

That was basically Bo's first year, changing Watson for Frost. After the offense went downhill, everyone complained how Bo was only doing DC work and needed to be a "real head coach". Now I've seen several suggestion to go back to it. Funny how things go in cycles.

I understand it was just a hypothetical, but that would be a latteral move or a downgrade for Frost. He can stay as the OC of Oregon for a few years, and if they contiue their success (no reason to believe they won't), he could be one of the top candidates for a HC gig. I have also read on this board that Pelini and Frost may not be on the best terms.

To the OP. You can think that we should hire SF and you may be right. But your gonna need LOTS of dough to get him here and its been shown that NU doesnt do business that way. Im talking Saban dough. Bo is what this university needed minus a little bit of the public tirades. That is he is a dogmatic man willing and able to do more with less. The REAL problem here is that Bo doesnt really care anymore. Not like he did in 2003.

To the OP. You can think that we should hire SF and you may be right. But your gonna need LOTS of dough to get him here and its been shown that NU doesnt do business that way. Im talking Saban dough. Bo is what this university needed minus a little bit of the public tirades. That is he is a dogmatic man willing and able to do more with less. The REAL problem here is that Bo doesnt really care anymore. Not like he did in 2003.

eyeswear2allthatsholy

• Fire 1

Will-Smith-Thinking-As-The-Fresh-Prince-Of-Bel-Air.gif

eyeswear2allthatsholy

He will never come here as OC... thats pure fantasy. Money is the only real reason to come here for him even as HC. Frankly I would consider coming to NU as a bad career move for him.

That was basically Bo's first year, changing Watson for Frost. After the offense went downhill, everyone complained how Bo was only doing DC work and needed to be a "real head coach". Now I've seen several suggestion to go back to it. Funny how things go in cycles.

Very true, it would be nice to have Bo just have his hands in the defense though since it's what he knows. Everything looks good in a perfect world though.

I understand it was just a hypothetical, but that would be a latteral move or a downgrade for Frost. He can stay as the OC of Oregon for a few years, and if they contiue their success (no reason to believe they won't), he could be one of the top candidates for a HC gig. I have also read on this board that Pelini and Frost may not be on the best terms.

It is true that it would basically be a lateral move, but I have no idea if Frost has any desire to be back in Nebraska or not. If he would like to live closer to family, it would be the perfect move for him. If he doesn't get along with Pelini, that might not be a bad thing. I think Pelini has too many friends around him and he sometimes can't make a logical decision about things because friendships get in the way. I'm just speculating though, I'm not claiming that I have the actual answers.

Ive met Scott Frost, he didnt owe me a thing. We spent some time together, couldnt have been a nicer guy. He had nothing to gain by our converstations

He isnt arrogant at all, in fact, quite the opposite

He is from a coaching family, both mom and dad are accomplished coaches

He was a QB win incredible stats in HS- everyone wanted him

Playing for Bill Walsh in an NFL offense as a passing QB at STANFORD- I 100% get why he made the choice

He also humbled himself to come back and played his ass off when he got to start here

Quality guy all the way

That was my experience with him too. I just wanted to say 'hi'. He wanted to talk about my shirt (Oregon State), my time there and football. We spoke, in a parking lot at a golf store, for about 15 minutes. He could have stopped at 'hi' and walked away. I was impressed with his demeanor and size. He's WAY bigger than I thought he'd be :)