Scott Frost

bleedNUred

Just pony up. We have the most loyal fan base in the country. Money is not an issue. Go out and get the best in the business and pay him the most in the business.

So what your saying is that you will provide thousands or millions to the new coach? or are you just pulling this our of your ass.

Yep just cut a check for $5.4 million. Bo's buyout. My point is that if we want to be National Title contenders we need to out pay everyone else to get the best coach possible. Nebraska is a tough place to coach because of fan expectations. Its a tough place to recruit because of location. Get a proven commodity and pay them. The football program makes a lot of dollars I think we can afford to pay.

Of course I'm pulling this out of my ass I'm just and an idiot on a message board with no ties to the athletic department. Now go back to your hole.

But you're talking about an astronomical contract to draw a top tier coach to Lincoln...

Do you want to compete with the top programs or get curb stomped by them?

This is great. In December 2010 EZ-E says:

...seriously considering his name for OC is ignorant.

Then, EZ reveals that, around that same time, Bo and/or TO actually did offer him the OC job:

Too bad we didn't just extend him the OC offer a couple years back . . .

Too bad we did but TO and Bo pulled the offer because he's a douche bag that we don't want associated with our program.

• Fire 1

Just pony up. We have the most loyal fan base in the country. Money is not an issue. Go out and get the best in the business and pay him the most in the business.

So what your saying is that you will provide thousands or millions to the new coach? or are you just pulling this our of your ass.

Yep just cut a check for $5.4 million. Bo's buyout. My point is that if we want to be National Title contenders we need to out pay everyone else to get the best coach possible. Nebraska is a tough place to coach because of fan expectations. Its a tough place to recruit because of location. Get a proven commodity and pay them. The football program makes a lot of dollars I think we can afford to pay.

Of course I'm pulling this out of my ass I'm just and an idiot on a message board with no ties to the athletic department. Now go back to your hole.

But you're talking about an astronomical contract to draw a top tier coach to Lincoln...

Do you want to compete with the top programs or get curb stomped by them?

What I want is irrelevant to this situation, what does matter is how much is the school willing to pay?

This is great. In December 2010 EZ-E says:

...seriously considering his name for OC is ignorant.

Then, EZ reveals that, around that same time, Bo and/or TO actually did offer him the OC job:

Too bad we didn't just extend him the OC offer a couple years back . . .

Too bad we did but TO and Bo pulled the offer because he's a douche bag that we don't want associated with our program.

Why is it great? I dont get what youre implying here. Serious question.

The first comment from 2010 was EZ's opinion that it would be ignorant. The second one from recently-though not proven fact-is something that probably happened (offer pulled), though the douche bag part is pure opinion as well.

The first comment from 2010 was EZ's opinion that it would be ignorant. The second one from recently-though not proven fact-is something that probably happened (offer pulled), though the douche bag part is pure opinion as well.

It's funny because EZ seems to be a staunch Pelini supporter, yet by his own logic, Bo is "ignorant" for not just considering but offering the OC job to Frost.

Chip Kelly was only in the Oregon program for 2 years before being made head coach.

Frost has been there for 4 years. I think he knows the offense enough to bring it here.

That's Chip Kelly's offense. They ran nothing like that before Kelly arrived.

Chip Kelly ran much of what he runs now when he was HC at New Hampshipre

They put up some very good numbers there and did some very unique things

Ive met Scott Frost, he didnt owe me a thing. We spent some time together, couldnt have been a nicer guy. He had nothing to gain by our converstations

He isnt arrogant at all, in fact, quite the opposite

He is from a coaching family, both mom and dad are accomplished coaches

He was a QB win incredible stats in HS- everyone wanted him

Playing for Bill Walsh in an NFL offense as a passing QB at STANFORD- I 100% get why he made the choice

He also humbled himself to come back and played his ass off when he got to start here

Quality guy all the way

It's funny because EZ seems to be a staunch Pelini supporter, yet by his own logic, Bo is "ignorant" for not just considering but offering the OC job to Frost.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't Bo's idea to offer Frost the position. I think TO suggested it and Bo said he'd prefer to keep it in house, but Bo had a great deal of respect for TO. Frost started making some pretty hilarious demands for someone who was a WR coach and had no OC experience. He wanted to be the sole OC (when he was offered a "co-coordinator + WR coach title) with play calling duties, he wanted some recruiting power as well, and he had some lofty salary expectations and he wanted to do things "his" way. I have no clue what that means, but yeah.

I'm more hung up on Papuchis being DC than Beck being OC, to be honest. We had some high profile people as options for DC, thats not so true with OC.

I see your logic now. I didnt pick up on that irony I guess.

In EZ's defense, his ill-feelings towards Frost probably come after that incident (if that's even the proper term???). But would Bo reach out to Frost now, knowing what he knows? Probably not. But again, that's just speculation and opinions, as this whole thread is.

And mind you, I never once tried to spin the story I heard and told into fact. I specifically noted as something I heard in response to those who wanted to know what EZ was talking about.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't Bo's idea to offer Frost the position. I think TO suggested it and Bo said he'd prefer to keep it in house, but Bo had a great deal of respect for TO. Frost started making some pretty hilarious demands for someone who was a WR coach and had no OC experience. He wanted to be the sole OC (when he was offered a "co-coordinator + WR coach title) with play calling duties, he wanted some recruiting power as well, and he had some lofty salary expectations and he wanted to do things "his" way. I have no clue what that means, but yeah.

I'm more hung up on Papuchis being DC than Beck being OC, to be honest. We had some high profile people as options for DC, thats not so true with OC.

and I think Beck and puke-us were both the wrong hires..

So what you are saying is we should buy out Bo and become the next Iowa? Because offering large amounts of money to a coach always fixes the problem.... How about waiting until the end of the season to see how things pan out there chief.

• Fire 2