Scott Frost

bleedNUred

I get the feeling a lot of fans are still angry at 18-year-old Frost for choosing Stanford.

No. Not that. but kinda at the fact that he came crawling back when it didnt work out just in time to be the star predecessor to Frazier. He did a tremendous job as a qb, and was an incredible competitor, but as a person, I always had some question marks on him. I attended a high school that competed against Wood River in everything. As a kid, I saw plenty of Scott and his dad Larry between football and basketball games over the course of 3 years. Two words defined them-excessive arrogance

Everyone needs to stop with the craig bohlshit. good god we are not bringing in a fcs coach to a top 5 program in the history of college football. we might as well all stop talking about this because frankly Bo isn't going anywhere. look at that schedule. I could coach this team to 8 wins. We will be 9-4 and bo will be fine. It's just getting annoying as hell to keep getting blown out in big games year after year after year. i had 2013 circled since the B1G schedule came out 3 years ago. With taylor being a senior and all those WR's, i had no question we would be unstoppable. I had that feeling because Bo is a defense guy, and why the hell should i ever worry about a Bo Pelini defense? well, i was wrong. It's just really sad that our defense the last 2 years have had performances that are some of the worst in program history. 100 + years!! We have no national respect, losing local respect, and people are losing hope and drifting away from this program. This years recruiting class is mediocre at best. This is Nebraska, let's start acting like it.

I guess what I don't get is, how a guy with no head coaching expirience at the D1 level (and just got hired this year as a OC), even though he's "homegrown", is the best choice for the program?

It's just one of those slight-overreaction-from-a-loss threads that you have to let play out. I don't think any major program should take a shot at Frost as head coach at this point. But I'd love to see us offer Beck's 700K salary to him (twice his base salary at Oregon) for the OC position. That is if him and Bo can get over that huge fight I've heard they had back in 2010. Beck has never really impressed me and the "performance" against UCLA, given the amount of weapons we have on offense, was enough for me to jump off the bandwagon. I was barely hanging on after the CCG last year anyway.

I get the feeling a lot of fans are still angry at 18-year-old Frost for choosing Stanford.

No. Not that. but kinda at the fact that he came crawling back when it didnt work out just in time to be the star predecessor to Frazier. He did a tremendous job as a qb, and was an incredible competitor, but as a person, I always had some question marks on him. I attended a high school that competed against Wood River in everything. As a kid, I saw plenty of Scott and his dad Larry between football and basketball games over the course of 3 years. Two words defined them-excessive arrogance

This is totally what I felt about SF too......could stand his high and mighty self LOL (see my post a page back LOL).......but the Bowl game press conference did it for me......he got NE the split NC with his speech.......I have no doubt in my mind, that pushed many voters over the top. And as far as "excessive arrogance" goes.........MOST of the BEST players have it and it shows on the field unlike what we saw on Saturday. I keep fussing about how this team has no HEART.....no GUTS......they just lay down.........ARROGANT/CONFIDENT people DON'T JUST LAY DOWN..........let me name some "arrogant" players for NE...........Tommie Frazier.......Laurence Phillips......The Peters Bros........Irvin Fryar.......Mike Rozier.............they all had an "arrogance" to them and I think that is A MUST in football! If you don't have total confidence in youself and your team ,........you sound like TM and the rest of the team does at the press conferences after these loses.......uh uh.......I don't know.....uh.,.....uh/.........I cant quite say.....uh......uh........I have to watch the film to see...............

Ill take arrogance and confidence over that mess anyday!!!!!!!!! As everyday humans go that trait isn't real pretty, but as an elite athlete goes.....you have to have that "it" factor that no one is gonna mess with you......and these NE players don't have IT

Those last two words could not be more true!!! If we make changes fine. But if Scott Frost is absolutely an arrogant f#*k and doesn't reflect anything we stand for at Nebraska. He made demands that made Bo pull the offer to him go join our staff. There is a reason Tim Beck asked him for plays this off-season and Bo refuses to talk to him. I haven't read this whole thread, but put Scott Frost's resume on paper and tell me that outside of where he played CFB anyone here would hire him as HC. It's laughable

Frost is not a viable HC candidate yet. Anyone who says otherwise is dreaming. Assuming this season snowballs out of control and Bo loses the team (admittedly a lot less likely than the twilight of the Callahan years), the only job Frost would be suited for is offensive coordinator with a pay bump. He earned his stripes at Oregon, he has ties to the program, and he learned from the best in the business.

As far as the accusations of him being "dirty," count me as unimpressed. What some message board poster heard is irrelevant. To borrow a line from Training Day: "It's not what you know. It's what you can prove." And that only partially applies, because I've yet to see anyone demonstrate that they know anything. I've been on the board long enough to know that trusting 'insiders' who keep their divination and mysterious knowledge cloaked in the shadows of rumor and hearsay are basically worthless.

Yes, I'm talking about posters like EZ-E and others. And no, it's nothing personal. Without evidence your "I heard" stories are just that. Something you heard. I'd be more than happy to look at the proof/sources by thread or PM, but generally few 'insiders' bother with them.

Until then, sorry. Claim ≠ fact.

• Fire 9

scott frost is an oc in the same way that paps is. he is just a puppet for an oc-head coach.

not sure why everyone is so impressed with him.

I was just going to post that exact same question here.

There are people on this board that swear that Bo is calling the defense and Paps is just signaling the plays in for the players which I find ridiculous, but lets say thats true, couldn't you say the same thing for Oregon with Frost?

Chip leaves and his OC Mark Helfrich becomes the Head Coach and promotes within and names Frost as OC for his first ever stint as an OC (sounds familiar huh), whats to say that Helfrich is still calling the plays or over looking the calls being called? It could be true because Oregon looks like it still hasn't lost a beat even after trouncing both Virginia and Tennessee with over 50+ points in each of those two games. You'd think you'd see some sort of drop off in the offense when playing two non-conference BCS teams back to back weeks.

I just find it ridiculous to promote someone as an OC or DC to only have the Head Coach over take those responsibilities and calling the plays to have the OC or DC signal in those plays. Its throwing money out of the window with the above logic.