Scott Frost

bleedNUred

Yet Watson goes to Louisville and becomes and instant success.

IF this program is to return, if we fire Bo, still not wanting that, we need to find a quality coach, pay what it takes, money enough to hire top proven coordinators period. No more experiments. Bo is one, Beck is one, and Pap is one. If they have failed, why do it again.

My recollection was TO forced Watson on Bo, and for two years we had the worst offense in the country. Now we have one of the worst defenses.

TO clearly was wrong, but at least he got rid of BC. The morale is he doesn't know all and us fans were perfectly justified to dislike the Pelini hire. We've seen a very erratic team on both sides of the ball and a HC clearly learning on the job and not in his element.

We don't have many good options, Frost is our best right now.

No offense, maybe TO gave some insight and thoughts about retaining some of the coaching to BP which may have included Watson to a good degree. But in no way does a short term AD select the coaching staff for a coach.

After this experiment with a former coordinator and a first time head coach I don't think I'm willing to hand the keys over to another first time coach/former coordinator. Not saying it might not be successful, but the experiments, on the job training, and flip of a coin has worn thin. I think Bo runs a clean program, graduates the players, etc, but he lacks the supporting cast due to his own hard head to get the job done! The offensive coordinator needs to run the offense, the defensive coordinator needs to run the defense, and the head coach needs to oversee the entire process and trust his coaches! Not try to control every single aspect of the team, that's too much for one guy to control and he won't be successful at it. Are there some that could do that? Maybe, but Bo isn't one of them.

In that extremely unlikely hypothetical situation, I'd be all for it.

But ~80% of the fanbase wouldn't be.

I think the fan base would be up for it, more forgiving or understanding of a former husker instead of bringing in a guy with no ties...

The fan base that criticized the Bo Pelini hire because he was a defensive coordinator?

The fan base that was convinced Darin Erstad was a bad hire because of zero head coaching experience even though he was a Nebraska guy?

Nah, I doubt it would go over well.

and Darin has done what?

Richt would be an outstanding hire, but Eichorst would have to pony up some serious stacks.

Yup. We would be in a bidding war with an SEC team for his services, but those services would pay dividends sooner than anything else proposed would.

And let's face it folks--we're hemmiraging relevance and good will right now, and Nebraska may not have another few years to wait before a Scott Frost or another HC n00b learns the ropes.

I'm not saying its ideal all around--but if fans are wanting to reverse this slide into mediocrity immediately, then Richt is your best bet and best bang for your buck.

And Richt is at least affordable currently--once the SECESPN channel kicks off and that money flows in, he's off the table.

if nu did not have the cupcake games each year, they would have a hard time getting a winning record. just think if nu played notre dames schedule....the results would not be good....i am for getting a new coach, time for bo to leave....the assisstants he has hired, even a high school coach......the defensive c...he was just a grad assisstant not too long ago..

I want an experienced head coach. This is not a training program. I might make an exception for Kirby Smart.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Point me to some facts that make anyone think Pelini can win at the level we expect. He continually chokes away big games, and humiliates the program in the process. He's had enough chances, its time for someone else.

Why not just hire Carl as HC, then? Smart is just a glorified puppet running Saban's defense. At least Carl has some HC experience now

(Note: The part about "just hire Carl" = :sarcasm)

Sometimes I wonder if we lost the wrong Pelini..We used to be considered the best place to go if you were a Defensive Lineman to develop into another Suh...Since Carl left, we seem to have no tackling skeels..from lack of finger strength? ...It's almost Cosgrovian. We're wasting some pretty good secondary play by not getting any penetration from the DL..Granny Holtz even thinks it's obvious we aren't fending off the blockers and in turn keeping them from Holding us and giving the QB all day to sit back and pick us apart.

I still think Bo will quit/retire within 3 years and by that time Scotty will be way out of our league..Why would he WANT to come back to DONU where the pressure to win will probably always overshadow the benefits...I think he enjoys the left coast too much..better recruiting base... just as crummy weather in Oregon...Better Hunting..And the fan base is still just getting used to winning.

For the life of me I can not understand wanting a person that has no head coaching experience. Possibly if from within the program, but just a first year OC. Our problems are not offense or defense, it is lack of experience at the coaching staff level. Why would we do the same thing again. It would be a learning experience starting over again.

Probably..Mainly... because our best coach had no previous Head Coaching experience..He didn't even have near the most experience on Bob's staff. Experience is really important...But the right guy is more important. Bo might be able to get it done in another 6-7 years, but I doubt he lasts near that long nor has the fans supporting him that long.

After the latest "meltdown" or whatever epic collapse description you want to use for the latest performance by the Huskers. I think we should put forth the effort? to try and get Scott Frost here as the new HC. It's become very apparent we have reached our pinnacle or peak if you will under Pelini. This is a trend that has been ongoing and doesn't seem to be changing. I've never seen such a collapse after being up 21-3 and controlling a game.

Scott would give the program a fresh start, and bring his coacing prowess from Oregon that has been even more impressive this season than when Chip Kelly was there. He's seen since being at Oregon what it takes to make a consistently scary good football team in today's game, and also played for one while he was the QB for Nebraska. I know alot of people are going to flame me or whatever for this thread but Huskernation deserves better than this and so do the many talented players that play for the school. I feel that if Nebraska were to make a change that Frost would be the best option for the future of the program because the current path that the program is heading down is not a bright one. Changes need to be made and I hope that Frost is the guy picked to get this program back on track.

And what happens when his performance is about the same or worse than the current regime? Are you going to be first on the bandwagon to fire him, or defend him like the folks who still believe in Bo will do now? Fact of the matter is, he's untested and it's not like he's going to come in and immediately make an impact. To think that, there is a level of naiveness....

After the latest "meltdown" or whatever epic collapse description you want to use for the latest performance by the Huskers. I think we should put forth the effort? to try and get Scott Frost here as the new HC. It's become very apparent we have reached our pinnacle or peak if you will under Pelini. This is a trend that has been ongoing and doesn't seem to be changing. I've never seen such a collapse after being up 21-3 and controlling a game.

Scott would give the program a fresh start, and bring his coacing prowess from Oregon that has been even more impressive this season than when Chip Kelly was there. He's seen since being at Oregon what it takes to make a consistently scary good football team in today's game, and also played for one while he was the QB for Nebraska. I know alot of people are going to flame me or whatever for this thread but Huskernation deserves better than this and so do the many talented players that play for the school. I feel that if Nebraska were to make a change that Frost would be the best option for the future of the program because the current path that the program is heading down is not a bright one. Changes need to be made and I hope that Frost is the guy picked to get this program back on track.

And what happens when his performance is about the same or worse than the current regime? Are you going to be first on the bandwagon to fire him, or defend him like the folks who still believe in Bo will do now? Fact of the matter is, he's untested and it's not like he's going to come in and immediately make an impact. To think that, there is a level of naiveness....

You're right about it being naive, but I'm looking at this from the aspect of we've seen what Bo is going to give us and it isn't changing. It's been long enough and he hasn't delivered. And to think that we'll be able to go out and hire some out of this world HC like Peterson I don't think is realistic considering the last time we looked for a new HC we didn't exactly have top notch candidates lining up at our doorstep for the job. I just think Frost has very high potential to become a very good/great HC for the program, give him his time like Bo has had and see where the program goes from there. I just couldn't think of anybody that would be a better candidate than Frost, I just firmly believe it's got to be a Nebraska guy that takes over the program. But I'm not quick to jump on any fire this guy or that guy bandwagon, I've been patient and it's become apparent that this is just how it will be as long as Bo is the HC.