Scott Frost

bleedNUred

I've heard there was a pretty significant fallout between TO and Frost over the situation. Frost demanded some things and said some things that TO referred to as "not the Nebraska way" and it didnt go over to well. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Frost here regardless of the circumstances.

But earlier in the thread, I was going through my kneejerk reactions whilst watching the Oregon game, and halfway entertaining the idea. But handing the job to Frost based on that is about as f'ing ridiculous as all the almighty claims of the tremendous job that Kingsbury is doing at Texas Tech (whatever the hell that is all about???). We're 3 games in.

Frost could probably come here now that TO is gone and if Bo is gone. I'd rather him come as a OC than anything else, but he has learned the Oregon ways from Chip and Helfrich now. I bet our O would take a significant step forward with Frosty as OC. Now as a HC, I'm not so sure yet. I think I'd probably let him be HC IF he brought in PROVEN coordinators all around. I'm talking top shelf coordinators. Something Bo should've done to begin with. I also think the Oregon program grooms coordinators to be head coaches better than most programs.

let him be HC, with proven DC hire...the guy would kick ass here in 2-3 years....no doubt....he will be a hot hire next year.

I've heard there was a pretty significant fallout between TO and Frost over the situation. Frost demanded some things and said some things that TO referred to as "not the Nebraska way" and it didnt go over to well. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Frost here regardless of the circumstances.

But earlier in the thread, I was going through my kneejerk reactions whilst watching the Oregon game, and halfway entertaining the idea. But handing the job to Frost based on that is about as f'ing ridiculous as all the almighty claims of the tremendous job that Kingsbury is doing at Texas Tech (whatever the hell that is all about???). We're 3 games in.

Frost could probably come here now that TO is gone and if Bo is gone. I'd rather him come as a OC than anything else, but he has learned the Oregon ways from Chip and Helfrich now. I bet our O would take a significant step forward with Frosty as OC. Now as a HC, I'm not so sure yet. I think I'd probably let him be HC IF he brought in PROVEN coordinators all around. I'm talking top shelf coordinators. Something Bo should've done to begin with. I also think the Oregon program grooms coordinators to be head coaches better than most programs.

let him be HC, with proven DC hire...the guy would kick ass here in 2-3 years....no doubt....he will be a hot hire next year.

Scott Frost HC

Randy Shannon/Ron Zook DC

Keep dreamin'.

KIngsbury was the OC at Houston and Texas A&M.

So following a "pretty significant fallout" between TO and Frost (evidence presented: "I've heard..."), Frost agreed, for no pay and for no conceivable reason, to have himself recorded saying the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwCJuM7eJ4Y

According to that theory, Frost-- instead of simply declining to be a part of the tribute series-- sat down and lied through his teeth in front a camera. And neither TO nor anyone else in the athletic department objected to this being published in front of 85,000 fans in the stadium and via the official Nebraska YouTube account.

• Fire 2

So following a "pretty significant fallout" between TO and Frost (evidence presented: "I've heard..."), Frost agreed, for no pay and for no conceivable reason, to have himself recorded saying the following:

According to that theory, Frost-- instead of simply declining to be a part of the tribute series-- sat down and lied through his teeth in front a camera. And neither TO nor anyone else in the athletic department objected to this being published in front of 85,000 fans in the stadium and via the official Nebraska YouTube account.

I know right?

Emphasis on the "I've heard". And the thing that "Ive heard" also occured nearly two years prior to the recording of that snippet. Again, it was just something "I've heard". people bitching back and forth as to why EZ said what he said, so I just said what I've heard. I'm not arguing your point. It is legit. But all in all, why isnt he back here then? regardless, we know Frost was offered. he didnt accept. He abondoned his beloved homestate program not once, but twice.

Edit: not that he didnt accept, but the offer was withdrawn supposedly because it "wasnt good enough", kinda like the offer wasnt good enough in the spring of 1993? He came back just in time to reep the benefits of being the hero then. Who knows, maybe he'll do it again.

You want a previous Husker player on the coaching staff? You want a proven winner? It ain't Frost fellas.

This guy also has previous coaching experience at NU under TO, including DC, has 2 national championship rings as a head coach, has twice been a finalist for the coach of the year, has had numerous players with academic honors, runs his team with a "hard nosed aggressive defense," and a West Coast offense. He'd probably come relatively cheap . . . For the life of me I don't understand why there is not more talk about attempting to get Craig Bohl from North Dakota State University. This guy is a perfect fit.

Can someone explain this to me?

I know right?

Emphasis on the "I've heard". And the thing that "Ive heard" also occured nearly two years prior to the recording of that snippet. Again, it was just something "I've heard". people bitching back and forth as to why EZ said what he said, so I just said what I've heard. I'm not arguing your point. It is legit. But all in all, why isnt he back here then? regardless, we know Frost was offered. he didnt accept. He abondoned his beloved homestate program not once, but twice.

Edit: not that he didnt accept, but the offer was withdrawn supposedly because it "wasnt good enough", kinda like the offer wasnt good enough in the spring of 1993? He came back just in time to reep the benefits of being the hero then. Who knows, maybe he'll do it again.

Well...+if+we+assumed+it+was+gonna+be+ah-mah-zing+and+_5d315e588b44b41b60ff5f4508679a94.gif

You want a previous Husker player on the coaching staff? You want a proven winner? It ain't Frost fellas.

This guy also has previous coaching experience at NU under TO, including DC, has 2 national championship rings as a head coach, has twice been a finalist for the coach of the year, has had numerous players with academic honors, runs his team with a "hard nosed aggressive defense," and a West Coast offense. He'd probably come relatively cheap . . . For the life of me I don't understand why there is not more talk about attempting to get Craig Bohl from North Dakota State University. This guy is a perfect fit.

I already have in the Bohl thread. He couldnt get the job done at this level once before as a coordinator. We learned that already. Now and since, he's made his living and a nice legacy as a head coach at a lower level of football. Congrats to him, but I'm not willing to risk our program on finding out whether he's good enough now for this level. We already know he wasnt.

Simply, it's not worth the risk.

Wow this is a really long thread and I don't have time to read everything.....but this is MY take on Scott Frost..........couldn't stand the jerk when he came after Tommie, it was pretty clear to see that much of the team had an issue with him (the LP girlfriend blowup). I was at the ASU game in Tempe when ASU beat us and it was pretty clear the team had no love for this guy........so we lost that game......but then something happened and the year turned out "ok".......then the next year came..........and then everything was on the line after the bowl games and this kid I WANTED to hate......got in front of that mic and sold NE to the nation better than most could and really made them think about who they would vote for as National Champs......that speech by him after those bowl games still sticks in my mind......and apparently it got to alot of voters because we got a split they no one thought we would.......that had ALOT to do with SF post game speech. Then the kid tries the NFL.......not in Tim T fashion ....but in the fashion of give me a shot WHERE EVER! And he got it and took advantage of that shot! Now he is in deep with this Oregon offensive machine........I SAY GO GET HIM! Not as a HC but as a OC. Tom is gone, so if there is any beef there (which I think is overhyped to some point) it shouldn't be a problem now. The kid is a small town NEBRASKA kid despite all we have heard about him.........he has that loyalty in him if the U shows that they want him.....I think he's here. Again.....that speech after that bowl game has forever sold me on Scott and his heart and passion for this program. Pay him top dollar to be OC .......no brainer for me.

I already have in the Bohl thread. He couldnt get the job done at this level once before as a coordinator. We learned that already. Now and since, he's made his living and a nice legacy as a head coach at a lower level of football. Congrats to him, but I'm not willing to risk our program on finding out whether he's good enough now for this level. We already know he wasnt.

Yup. Both Bohl and Solich are good examples of the Peter Principle. They both failed at a higher level and are now doing well at the FCS and MAC levels. Let them be.

Yup. Both Bohl and Solich are good examples of the Peter Principle. They both failed at a higher level and are now doing well at the FCS and MAC levels. Let them be.

Thank you. I've said that before too. Wanting to bring Bohl back because of his success at NDSU is exactly the same thing as wanting to bring Solich back because of his success at Ohio. Either move would result in us being the biggest laughing stock in the country.