Scott Frost

bleedNUred

the problem is not the X's and O's. Bo knows how to coach. Stubbornness, friends, lack of management, roster management, recruiting are the short falls. Overall head coaching experience.

Yes Tom was a beginner, but had ran the offense for Coach Devany, and had him right there on site. And my guess is Tom took advantage of it. I think it was a much easier transition then than now. Way more going on for a coach, more pressure to win, to improve. Recruiting is a horse of different color.

I would be for Richt I think. Would want to know more about the problems, than I do now.

Frost may be the next greatest, but most on here thought Bo was to.

Do we have the time to do on the job training for a head coach that has three total games as an OC. I have nothing against Frost in any way, just see the same problems that we are having now.

the problem is not the X's and O's. Bo knows how to coach. Stubbornness, friends, lack of management, roster management, recruiting are the short falls. Overall head coaching experience.

Yes Tom was a beginner, but had ran the offense for Coach Devany, and had him right there on site. And my guess is Tom took advantage of it. I think it was a much easier transition then than now. Way more going on for a coach, more pressure to win, to improve. Recruiting is a horse of different color.

I would be for Richt I think. Would want to know more about the problems, than I do now.

Frost may be the next greatest, but most on here thought Bo was to.

Do we have the time to do on the job training for a head coach that has three total games as an OC. I have nothing against Frost in any way, just see the same problems that we are having now.

I agree with a lot of this. I also believe Pelini has addressed and continues to address the recruiting issues. A change at the top may be the answer......but it also may not be. It would be a much easier answer if Pelini weren't winning. The college football landscape is definitely different than when Osborne was coaching.....but TO's legacy was cemented by his final five years much more that his first 20 years.

Well my 2 cents

The fact that Frost has no HC experience has no bearing on his success or failure. Many great HC had no experience and their first job was at a high profile place. TO, Switzer, C. Kelly, Fulmer, Bob Stoops, Peterson, Patterson, etc. and I am sorry but most of the college football world would say Pelini is successful coach. The right fit is the most important thing.

Living in the Boise area, I get the sense that Chris Peterson might be finally ready to make a step to a different program. It would have to be the right fit though. I don't see Texas or USC being his choice of a good fit. BSU has a lot of the same qualities that Nebraka has but on a little smaller scale. It is still a fishbowl for him and a culture of winning has become the norm. Trust me most were not happy with the Washington loss it was like listening to Nebraska talk radio for a week.

Besides, if he left then Kellen Moore can come back and be HC, which what most bsu fans would want. Sound familier?

Even still nothing is certain look at Hawkins at CU.

Scott has done awesome things at Oregon. But I am done with experiments. Nebraska is among the elite when it comes to athletic funding. I say its time to open up the check book to Chris Peterson, Craig Bohl, or Mark Richt. Everyone has a price and we all know UNL has the cash. No more NFL coaches, no more coordinators. We need a HC that knows college ball and how to win the big ones and the three coaches I listed are proven to do so.

This is a typical new management issue. Too much work, too many different aspects to learn, tremendous pressure to succeed. Hiring loyalty over experienced proven assistants. That is where this wrong I think. I have not been a fan of Bo, but he has done a good job in some of the most important parts of the job. He needs to understand that he needs help. If he does not accept it, he is going to be fired, and I think it will be soon. As I have said for a long time, works hard, wants to succeed, but it is just over his head. Break it down between two seasoned, experienced, successful coordinators, Bo can do this job. No other way.

This is a typical new management issue. Too much work, too many different aspects to learn, tremendous pressure to succeed. Hiring loyalty over experienced proven assistants. That is where this wrong I think. I have not been a fan of Bo, but he has done a good job in some of the most important parts of the job. He needs to understand that he needs help. If he does not accept it, he is going to be fired, and I think it will be soon. As I have said for a long time, works hard, wants to succeed, but it is just over his head. Break it down between two seasoned, experienced, successful coordinators, Bo can do this job. No other way.

Yeah, i still don't get the Pupuchis and Beck thing. Conflict and criticism seem to push Bo to hunker in and fight, never compromise. Maybe this is why the defensive looked so good when Carl was around?

Bo will never change; his personality is set. TO adapted as he gained experience. He changed what didn't work and didn't consider compromise and admitting his faults as a threat to his being. It didn;t always happen immediately, but was ongoing throughout his career. This is why his last five years were his legacy years. It was a culmination of 20 years of experience of trial and error. The only thing Bo has changed is not having non-revolving captains, otherwise he is the exact same coach that came to DONU 6 years ago. Bo's got to go on to his next gig, where he might be wonderful, but he will never be good at Nebraska.

IF Nebraska, ie Eichhorst, wants Bo to stay, then both the OC and DC must be canned and new ones hired by Eichhors.. Bo can just be a figure head coach until he can get his feet on the ground.

Go on . . .

Yes I too would like to know what the hell EZ is talking about.

Nah. Dude clearly knows what he's talking about and he absolutely knows what should have been done in that situation. No need to elaborate.

Look I just want to know exactly what you know about what happened with Frost a couple years ago. That's what we're talking about right?

• Fire 1

I think Scott was offered something like co-OC or something similar, but he made some demands that were considered unreasonable given his relative inexperience at the time, and the AD didn't like that.

I mean, he was just a relatively new WRs coach running Chip Kelly's offense. More time within that system was good for him. And though he is in his first year as OC now, it's still Chip's system now run by a head coach in Helfrich who previously served under Chip as OC in name for four seasons.

Really I think we made the right call with going with Beck. And I don't think Scott can claim to be a superstar coordinator or anything like that, not yet. Although I can't speak to the bad feelings that came out of whatever incident occurred.

It was a culmination of 20 years of experience of trial and error.

And very close to being ran off. Makes it sound like 20 years was the blink of an eye for Osborne, yet 6 is an eternity for Pelini.

football was different then. At least that what people say

Exactly, and they would be correct. Pelini has a lot more limitations now than TO did up until the formation of the Big 12.

I think Scott was offered something like co-OC or something similar, but he made some demands that were considered unreasonable given his relative inexperience at the time, and the AD didn't like that..

#Boom.

Look at I believe it was the DeAnthony Thomas recruitment. He's dirty.

Next Lane Kiffen