Scott Frost

bleedNUred

Please tell me where I said this? I said people complain about hiring Bo with no previous experience as a head coach and now your idea is to hire a guy with three games experience as an offensive coordinator as our head coach? What kind of sense does that make?

It makes sense in that we'd be plucking some fruit from that sweet sweet Chip Kelly coaching tree.

Rather take it from the Saban Tree.

Does he have any Nebraska Guys™?

• Fire 1

Please tell me where I said this? I said people complain about hiring Bo with no previous experience as a head coach and now your idea is to hire a guy with three games experience as an offensive coordinator as our head coach? What kind of sense does that make?

It makes sense in that we'd be plucking some fruit from that sweet sweet Chip Kelly coaching tree.

Does he have any Nebraska Guys™?

I'm not hung up on that. So long as the guy is willing to learn. And really, look at Bama, that program looks like we used to. Tougher than the other team, and the identity of the team is to run the ball at you and enforce their will. Sounds like what we used to do. Saban learned alot from the destruction he got from NU in the 90s.

not too sure about that crooked tribe....ugh

We win games we should with ocassionally being upset and we lose every single game with implications. We will still go 9-3 or 10-2 but who cares? Who the hell cares? The season is over for me.

This post could have easily been made during many of the Tom Osborne years in the Big 8.......when we'd lose to Oklahoma then lose a bowl game.

Having grown-up and lived in Nebraska and now in Arizona, I still like the fact of having a head coach with some NU ties. It just makes rooting for the team and traditions more enjoyable and I guess special. Giving a guy like Frost would be fine with me, even if it's on-the-job-training for him as a HC. I would rather lose a few more games in season 1 and 2 with Frost then keep Pelini and continue this "sad" trend or hire an outside coach who comes in ala Callahan and destroys our culture and traditions. Obviously, a lot of you will disagree and just want the best coach for the job regardless of their history or lack of ties to the program.

At this point, Eichorst's job is similar to Osborne's in early-mid 2007. He needs to take the pulse of the boosters and recruits week-to-week, because if it reaches the point where the staff loses all forward momentum, that's when it's time to make changes.

Don't forget we have been here before. Last year, even. And the year before.

Bo didn't lose the team in 2011.

He didn't lose the team in 2012.

The season still has 9 regular season games to go.

Yes by all accounts lets just continue this trend. I'm cool with being embarrassed nationally each year just so we can claim the imaginary 9 win season trophy.

You know what 9 wins amounts to? It amounts to "Congrats your the 2nd or 3rd best team in the B1G, a conference that the nation knows blows with the exception of OSU" That really makes recruits want to come here.

It doesn't matter if you got all the 5 star guys in the country if your coach is going to keep giving up. We need changes. This year...or sooner

We win games we should with ocassionally being upset and we lose every single game with implications. We will still go 9-3 or 10-2 but who cares? Who the hell cares? The season is over for me.

This post could have easily been made during many of the Tom Osborne years in the Big 8.......when we'd lose to Oklahoma then lose a bowl game.

It's funny, I remember people saying the same thing under TO before we won some NC's but I now feel guilty for ever being upset with 1 or 2 loses each season. After the last 6 years or even 9 years, I would gladly go back to that era and keep my mouth shut. It's not jus the losses but the way we lose and the points and yardage we are giving up and little to no improvement...

I want an experienced head coach. This is not a training program. I might make an exception for Kirby Smart.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Point me to some facts that make anyone think Pelini can win at the level we expect. He continually chokes away big games, and humiliates the program in the process. He's had enough chances, its time for someone else.

Why not just hire Carl as HC, then? Smart is just a glorified puppet running Saban's defense. At least Carl has some HC experience now

(Note: The part about "just hire Carl" = :sarcasm)

Having grown-up and lived in Nebraska and now in Arizona, I still like the fact of having a head coach with some NU ties. It just makes rooting for the team and traditions more enjoyable and I guess special. Giving a guy like Frost would be fine with me, even if it's on-the-job-training for him as a HC. I would rather lose a few more games in season 1 and 2 with Frost then keep Pelini and continue this "sad" trend or hire an outside coach who comes in ala Callahan and destroys our culture and traditions. Obviously, a lot of you will disagree and just want the best coach for the job regardless of their history or lack of ties to the program.

Would be fine with Frost here as well.