Scott Frost

bleedNUred

I think Scott was offered something like co-OC or something similar, but he made some demands that were considered unreasonable given his relative inexperience at the time, and the AD didn't like that..

#Boom.

Look at I believe it was the DeAnthony Thomas recruitment. He's dirty.

Next Lane Kiffen

bleacherreport on this deal. Still kind of weird. Is it possible that he wanted to be a rb and not a cb and that is why he choose Oregon? Maybe Kiffen started the whole dirty recruiting rumor because he was butthurt?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/597992-usc-trojan-football-recruiting-the-curious-saga-of-the-deanthony-thomas-flip

Oh this is great. At the end of the 2010 season (about 2.3 seasons ago), there was a thread pushing Scott Frost for OC. I made the more modest proposition that we try to lure him in as a position coach (perhaps on the fast track to becoming OC). Both suggestions were met with harsh opposition, and the claim that the only reason anyone would suggest considering him was because he was a Nebraska player (despite my very direct reasons that proved otherwise).

Scott Frost barely has the resume to come in here to coach WRs from what I hear. The only thing he has going for him: a) Nebraska ties, which mean nothing outside of sentiment, and b. Chip Kelly association, which I hear also means pretty little with regards to Frost.

I would agree that Frost has the resume to coach our WR's, but seriously considering his name for OC is ignorant. The man was a defensive coordinator at UNI just three seasons ago.

Frost was sniffing around the football offices while Bo was hiring this staff. If Bo wanted Frost he would have hired him in 2008.

Frost as OC is laughable and just a leg-humping dream of some fans. :leghump:

Of coure, the rebuttal is that he has 2.3 seasons more experience now, but I'm not buying that. His basic talents, as well as the glowing reviews his superiors went out of their way to give him, haven't changed. And now he's the OC of the best offense in the country, and people here are talking about him being head coach material.

EZ-E, if you have inside information and feel that, for whatever reason, it should not be released to the public, then you should keep it private. If there is no such impediment, share the information and give reasonable evidence and clarification for it. Making claims like the ones below and refusing to prove or clarify them provide no value to the rest of the board members and don't reflect very well on you in many of their eyes.

Too bad we did but TO and Bo pulled the offer because he's a douche bag that we don't want associated with our program.

He's a cheater.

• Fire 6

JT, in that old thread, this beauty appears:

"I'm not making any predictions, but I am curious to see what Oregon does against an average SEC defense."

How about 59 points on Tennessee through 3 quarters? Husker fans need to stop doubting Oregon. They are LIGHT YEARS ahead of our program. The sad thing is a lot of programs are now light years ahead of ours. Changes will come when this is realized, but only then.

I've heard there was a pretty significant fallout between TO and Frost over the situation. Frost demanded some things and said some things that TO referred to as "not the Nebraska way" and it didnt go over to well. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Frost here regardless of the circumstances.

But earlier in the thread, I was going through my kneejerk reactions whilst watching the Oregon game, and halfway entertaining the idea. But handing the job to Frost based on that is about as f'ing ridiculous as all the almighty claims of the tremendous job that Kingsbury is doing at Texas Tech (whatever the hell that is all about???). We're 3 games in.

EZ-E, if you have inside information and feel that, for whatever reason, it should not be released to the public, then you should keep it private. If there is no such impediment, share the information and give reasonable evidence and clarification for it. Making claims like the ones below and refusing to prove or clarify them provide no value to the rest of the board members and don't reflect very well on you in many of their eyes.

Too bad we did but TO and Bo pulled the offer because he's a douche bag that we don't want associated with our program.

He's a cheater.

You are absolutely right bro.

I'll keep them to myself. No need to spoil anyone on this boards wet-dreams about a guy that had not even a year coaching an offense or defense at the D1 level.

Outside of what I know to be true, anyone person tell me that if you took the name out of this oily douche bag's resume that you would hire him to lead a Blue-Blood College Football Program. And make no mistakes, Nebraska is a name brand football program.

I've heard there was a pretty significant fallout between TO and Frost over the situation. Frost demanded some things and said some things that TO referred to as "not the Nebraska way" and it didnt go over to well. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Frost here regardless of the circumstances.

But earlier in the thread, I was going through my kneejerk reactions whilst watching the Oregon game, and halfway entertaining the idea. But handing the job to Frost based on that is about as f'ing ridiculous as all the almighty claims of the tremendous job that Kingsbury is doing at Texas Tech (whatever the hell that is all about???). We're 3 games in.

You are right about Frost 1000000000%

Frost could probably come here now that TO is gone and if Bo is gone. I'd rather him come as a OC than anything else, but he has learned the Oregon ways from Chip and Helfrich now. I bet our O would take a significant step forward with Frosty as OC. Now as a HC, I'm not so sure yet. I think I'd probably let him be HC IF he brought in PROVEN coordinators all around. I'm talking top shelf coordinators. Something Bo should've done to begin with. I also think the Oregon program grooms coordinators to be head coaches better than most programs.