Scott Frost

bleedNUred

A guy that interests me that I haven't seen mentioned is Mike MacIntyre. He turned-around a horrid SJSU program and already has CU playing better ball.

There's somewhat strong talk of the 'Whorns being interested in MacIntyre if Muschamp isn't available--the thought process being that if he can have success with that steaming pile of excrement left in Boulder, imagine what he can do with a bought and paid-for Texass team that is loaded with 3, 4, and 5* talent.

Frost has ZERO head coaching experience. NE shouldn't be looking for another OJT situation. Ridiculous to even suggest.

Exactly this. Just the thought of hiring Scott Frost as the HC sickens me. He is an alumni and a national championship winner but in no way shape or form is he ready to be a HC anywhere, especially Nebraska.

Bo Pelini had zero head coaching experience, and while we aren't winning titles, you cant' say he has done a bad job.

Tom Osborne is another that had zero head coaching experience.

Darin Erstad as well, though he's completely changing the culture of B1G baseball.

Bill Callahan, on the other hand, did have head coaching experience. So did Lane Kiffin, Gene Chizik, Dan Hawkins and Charlie Weis.

If the experience is sooo important, you're picking your poison, because any proven head coach is going to be gone in another 5 years if he has great success, then we are back where we left off.

• Fire 2

Bo Pelini had zero head coaching experience, and while we aren't winning titles, you cant' say he has done a bad job.

Darin Erstad as well, though he's completely changing the culture of B1G baseball.

Bill Callahan, on the other hand, did have head coaching experience. So did Lane Kiffin, Gene Chizik, Dan Hawkins and Charlie Weis.

If the experience is sooo important, you're picking your poison, because any proven head coach is going to be gone in another 5 years if he has great success, then we are back where we left off.

All of those football coaches had more than one year as a coordinator.

There is a difference between no head coaching experience, and having only 3 games as an Offensive coordinator under your belt. Bo had years of defensive coordinator experience. Scott Frost hasn't proven ANYTHING as a coach yet.

There is a difference between no head coaching experience, and having only 3 games as an Offensive coordinator under your belt. Bo had years of defensive coordinator experience. Scott Frost hasn't proven ANYTHING as a coach yet.

Legitimate points, and I am not claiming Scott Frost would be a good hire. He could be, but nobody on this board has any idea whether or not he would or wouldn't be and to claim otherwise means you're either far too arrogant or you should be an athletic director.

All I'm saying is, if Scott Frost wouldn't be a good hire, the reason wouldn't be because he has no head coaching experience. Every successful head coach has been hired without head coach experience at some point.

Legitimate points, and I am not claiming Scott Frost would be a good hire. He could be, but nobody on this board has any idea whether or not he would or wouldn't be and to claim otherwise means you're either far too arrogant or you should be an athletic director.

All I'm saying is, if Scott Frost wouldn't be a good hire, the reason wouldn't be because he has no head coaching experience. Every successful head coach has been hired without head coach experience at some point.

True enough, but one thing all new coaches have is years of coaching experience as proven coordinators. A point that Frost hasnt gotten to yet.

Sorry, but we need a proven commodity at this point, the experiments need to be over!

What proven commodity will we get that will stick around if they find success? We don't live in a vacuum. Who, that is a proven commodity, is going to come here and stay here if they get us to the top?

What's to say ANYONE is willing to stay here? It can be argued both ways whether they are experienced or not. If they open up the checkbook wide I'll bet we'd all be surprised who might come here. "Show me the money!" This team isn't far from being a really good team, the right coaches aren't in place around the head coach to get it done....................nevermind we have no idea if the head coach is even able to get it done even if he DOES have the right coaches around him.

If they open up the checkbook wide I'll bet we'd all be surprised who might come here.

This is what I mean. If we open up the checkbook, we're inviting a new head coach to come in that is only here for the money, not for Nebraska. That's a slippery slope, because someone else will open up the checkbook wider.

The great coaches, hell even the really good coaches, the kind that we look for at a place like Nebraska, have one thing in common (maybe among other things) and that is that they aren't in it for the money. It's important, sure, but it's not ultimate. The Tom Osbornes, Mike Kryzewskis, Bill Snyders, Bobby Bowdens and Bobby Knights of the world were never money chasers, so why is money the one thing we want to lure someone in with?

And Pelini didn't?

I'm very confused by the point you're trying to make.

And Pelini didn't?

I'm very confused by the point you're trying to make.

He is stating that Frost having less than 1 year of coordinator experience is reason why he should never even be considered for as high of a profile position like the HC of NU. He is stating that Bo has had years of being a proven coordinator before getting a head coaching gig, along with the other names the guys landlord stated.