Tommie Frazier Twitter reaction

Strangely enough, Tommy, as an offensive player, fails to mention that the defense wasn't getting any help by the offense when UCLA was running train. Then when UCLA wasn't running train our offense was doing enough for our defense.

Convenient to forget that for now.

Please bye bye forgive people for not constantly rewriting a book that has already been written a hundred times. I think you are smart enough to see the same old problems that were on display again out there. If you really need to hear it though, the offense failed, the defense failed, the coaches failed. There now it's all been mentioned.

But he's specifically mentioning the defense. If he would've mentioned the offense at all then I would've been absolutely okay with the comment. But he didn't. I am tired of the same old problems, but this one feels different. I don't know why, maybe because the offense only turned the ball over once. Maybe because the defense played well in the first half, which wasn't always the case even when the offense was moving the chains and staying on the field.

It's a new monster with a similar head, imo.

Two games this year we've heard reasonably knowledgeable commentators sound just completely baffled by how Bo refuses to go away from man coverage, despite it being torn to shreds over and over again. Then Tommie comes out with this.

Yeah, the offense wasn't helping matters here, but that doesn't absolve the horsesh#t defensive play-calling.

Tommie has an axe to grind probably because of what happened with Brion here. But he's coming off more and more as just a bitter malcontent. I gotta say I don't think it's very becoming of a former Husker legend to come out and trash the program like this.

Well Zoogies at this point is Frazier really trashing it or just pointing out the problems that most of have ignored?

Ignored? Wrong. Nobody's ignored the problems.

Two games this year we've heard reasonably knowledgeable commentators sound just completely baffled by how Bo refuses to go away from man coverage, despite it being torn to shreds over and over again. Then Tommie comes out with this.

Yeah, the offense wasn't helping matters here, but that doesn't absolve the horsesh#t defensive play-calling.

Has that happened? I've been at the three games (student) and don't really pay attention to the secondary--because it's been a strong point of our defense, but maybe I should start paying attention to that.

Tommie has an axe to grind probably because of what happened with Brion here. But he's coming off more and more as just a bitter malcontent. I gotta say I don't think it's very becoming of a former Husker legend to come out and trash the program like this.

He has a right to an opinion like anyone else. I heard earlier there's a number of other former players taking some real offense to what's going on out there. We have some very passionate former players who don't want to see this program look like it did today. I have no problem with that personally.

He's not really saying anything more than what 95% of the fans are saying

And 95% of the fans are ignoring about 90% of the problem.

I don't pretend to know the nitty-gritty of football coaching philosophy, but any casual observer can see we are going in the wrong direction, and the blowout meltdowns are not tempering at all. It's like there's no middle ground in the Pelini era when it comes to losing where we are barely beat in an otherwise good game (the kinds of loses most people can take without punching things)...we either have a total meltdown, win very ugly, or miracle our way back into the game in the big games.

He's not calling for anything the majority of the fan base is calling for right now. Anyone defending the defensive coaching right now needs to have their head examined.

He's not really saying anything more than what 95% of the fans are saying

And 95% of the fans are ignoring about 90% of the problem.

And 78% of all stats are typically 63.48669% wrong...statistically speaking :P

Strangely enough, Tommy, as an offensive player, fails to mention that the defense wasn't getting any help by the offense when UCLA was running train. Then when UCLA wasn't running train our offense was doing enough for our defense.

Please bye bye forgive people for not constantly rewriting a book that has already been written a hundred times. I think you are smart enough to see the same old problems that were on display again out there. If you really need to hear it though, the offense failed, the defense failed, the coaches failed. There now it's all been mentioned.

But he's specifically mentioning the defense. If he would've mentioned the offense at all then I would've been absolutely okay with the comment. But he didn't. I am tired of the same old problems, but this one feels different. I don't know why, maybe because the offense only turned the ball over once. Maybe because the defense played well in the first half, which wasn't always the case even when the offense was moving the chains and staying on the field.

He said he would comment on the offense in his show. No way the O goes unmentioned. No way. I am sure he has less to say about them than the D.

• Fire 1

Well, I get that his opinions aren't really from left field. It's just his position as a former Husker legend. Additionally, he's coming off as a bit of a raving angryman, which makes it fair to question the actual value of his 'analysis.' If it were Damon Benning, a guy who has been critical of the staff in the past, I think I'd be more interested in the discussion. Frazier's just serving up bitter platitudes and I love him as a player and his wonderful pre-Sugar Bowl rap and all, but I don't think his fanning the flames is even making himself look good.

He said he would comment on the offense in his show. No way the O goes unmentioned. No way. I am sure he has less to say about them than the D.

But I think he should have more to say. He was a quarterback, after all. He should know just how valuable it is for the defense to have an offense that can stay on the field.

He's not calling for anything the majority of the fan base is calling for right now. Anyone defending the defensive coaching right now needs to have their head examined.

Its not one game. It is a body of work, examined over a period of 6 years that continues to have the same issues. Penalties, fumbles, tackling, lack of discipline, horrific O (depends on game), horrific D (again depends on game), blow outs on national tv, most points given up in a quarter at home, 4 of the 10 worst defensive performances, completely inexperienced OC/DC etc, etc, etc........ No way to truly explain away any of these deficiencies.

The time for results is at hand. To date, looking at the past years, would you say we are improving, staying the same or moving backwards? For me, it has been a continual regression since 2009. I am really unsure now with even SUH, Prince, Haag etc we would see any difference in Bo's inability to make in game adjustments......