New week new GAME

If Big Red plays well then they will handle us easily. If not, this could be every Husker fans (including mine) worst nightmare. It just happens that the other team in the game is my other favorite team. A weird place to be for sure. So, the only thing on my agenda is to come to Lincoln and enjoy the weekend and let the chips fall where they may. Husker fans will appreciate the way we play ball. Reminds me a lot of the old Osborne teams. Not a lot of talking, just go out and crack helmets. Coach Stiegelmeier is very much out of a similar mold as Osborne.

I think it's laughable that we would even think that we can just "destroy" this team with the way we've been playing. If they do, good for them, but that doesn't mean I'm getting excited for the rest of the season based on this game. Do I think we'll win, yes I do, but I don't think we'll see a team playing bell to bell like they need to play. They SHOULD score 70 on the jacks, but will they is the real question. They'll probably back off like they usually do and unfortunately that's the worst thing we can do. This team needs to learn to keep playing until the end no matter the score.

OK, Jackrabbit fan here but also an avid Husker fan. This game should be a snoozer. Should be. However, the Jacks are a decent football team. Yeah, I know but they are FCS right. True story. Three years ago we came to Lincoln and gave a very good account of ourselves and outside of a couple of really, really bad calls were in the game to the end. I was happy for may Jackrabbits but my inner Husker took a real beating. This Jackrabbit team is a lot better than the one three years ago. We have a solid offense with a great running back and a good QB who has solid receivers, and special teams are good. The defense is the question mark. Same thing for the Huskers. I expect both teams to be able to move the ball. The Jacks will play solid ball with few penalties and limited turnovers. Can the Huskers do the same? Not throwing smack here. Remember, I'm a big Husker guy. Just saying after last week if BR isn't ready to go it could be an awful result. The way I see it, I win either way. Can't wait to come down to Lincoln. Look for me, I'm the guy in blue!

Great, so it'll be an arrhythmia inducing game...

The rabbits are a better passing then running the ball, Nebraska is ranks 114th against the pass and 105 ranked D. No game is a sure thing with this coached team.

I think one move which may help our DC is to use fluorescent colored tape on his fingers, this could help with improving field communication.

The rabbits are a better passing then running the ball, Nebraska is ranks 114th against the pass and 105 ranked D. No game is a sure thing with this coached team.

I think one move which may help our DC is to use fluorescent colored tape on his fingers, this could help with improving field communication.

Actually, the Jacks are a far better running team then they are with the pass. Zach Zenner led the nation in yardage last year with well over 2,000 yards. This years he has a game of 295 yards and is averaging 180 per game and 7.7 yards per carry. I remember when those were Husker numbers. He is a great back lacking only straight line speed to play on Sunday. We have a solid, veteran offensive line making holes. We are an average passing team and getting better. Offensively the Jacks are solid. The defense needs to really step up to give the Huskers a run. If they do it could get interesting. BTW-Bo? Wow!

I hope this week the Huskers go to a ground and pound offense and just basically scrimmage the power running game. Relentless.... keep at it and work out the execution of that aspect of the game. Pound. Pound and Pound again. ferociously and violently. Keep rotating our excellent backs and pound them into oblivion.

Getting the flow of the running game in shape before conference time I think would be a great thing.

Also... in the framework of ground and pound, I hope they work hard at perfecting the opposite of what the O has been endeavoring to do of late --- clock control. Run the ball... line up slowly, let the clock go to 1-3 seconds and run it again. Keep our D off the field.

None of this will be needed, per se, to beat the Jacks this week --- but the practice for the conference games can be of great value. In preparation for Illinois, it would be nice to be coming off a 400 yard plus running game against SDSU.

forgot the last point from the preceding post. It too would be great to see Tommy Armstrong contributing to some of those 400+ yards rushing and perhaps getting a half dozen or so passes under his belt. Would like to see him in the game early 3rd quarter or so. We need him somewhat seasoned so that if needed down the stretch he will have had at least some experience.

in an effort to talk football... and not those distractions circulating around football...

Against SDSU, I'd like to see the defense play very aggressively, physically and in the attack mode. Blitz often. Stunt a great deal. Send defensive backs on a blitz or two. let the D get aggressive.

The SDSU game is important to NU as a preparation for the conference. this needs to be an intense effort where the D plays violently and with edge... even if NU is up by 40 points.