Pelini on Tommie Frazier "We don't need him"

True2tRA

I feel better about Bo's reaction to Tommie than I do about having 37 threads here talking about it.

Sorry Knappy you crabby old fart. Shouldn't you be laying down for your afternoon nap?

Your mom's busy this afternoon so instead of a nap we just had a quickie.

I'm laughing but wait a minute that not funny! I'll remember that faquero! Cane fight!

I'm with Pelini on this one. It's one thing to be critical of the program, and entirely another to call for the firing of half the coaching staff. I don't know if Tommie was watching the game or staring at his HOF plaque, but this loss was squarely on the offense. The young defense was holding up fine until our offense quit moving the ball, and getting first downs. Tommie needs to shut up, cancel his weekly show (it sucks), and let the coaches do their jobs. If Tommie's show has proved anything, it's that Bo has forgotten more about football then Tommie has ever known (especially on the defensive side).

To answer your question in the OP about Bo taking a shot at Tommie, I don't really think he was. Bo's reacting to something negative in typical Bo "blow it off" fashion, but also in typical Bo fashion, he doesn't pull it off well.

I agree with Tommie's sentiment here, and I think both are right. But both Bo and Tommie are also wrong - neither should have reacted this way. Tommie should have kept this in-house, or amongst his teammates/friends and not put it out there for the public to see. Bo shouldn't have said that about not needing Tommie. Just not well-thought-out all around. Heat of the moment stuff is usually not helpful.

As for the sentiment that Bo is throwing the old players under the bus, I can't see that. If the players feel that way that's between them and Bo. Bo's point, poorly made, is probably that Tommie can't come coach the current players into playing better, and carping from the outside isn't helping, and he'd prefer Tommie not do it.

• Fire 1

To answer your question in the OP about Bo taking a shot at Tommie, I don't really think he was. Bo's reacting to something negative in typical Bo "blow it off" fashion, but also in typical Bo fashion, he doesn't pull it off well.

I agree with Tommie's sentiment here, and I think both are right. But both Bo and Tommie are also wrong - neither should have reacted this way. Tommie should have kept this in-house, or amongst his teammates/friends and not put it out there for the public to see. Bo shouldn't have said that about not needing Tommie. Just not well-thought-out all around. Heat of the moment stuff is usually not helpful.

As for the sentiment that Bo is throwing the old players under the bus, I can't see that. If the players feel that way that's between them and Bo. Bo's point, poorly made, is probably that Tommie can't come coach the current players into playing better, and carping from the outside isn't helping, and he'd prefer Tommie not do it.

Bo is loyal to his guys, and Tommie called for their firings. This is Bo defending his guys, and I will never have a problem with that.... Tommie was being the arrogant, attention whore that he is....

• Fire 1

One of many of Callahan's failings at Nebraska was alienating former players. Frazier shouldn't have tweeted what he did, but Bo should have been the bigger man and brushed it off and not even responded to it. Bo needs to learn more diplomacy. Can anyone of you imagine TO responding in a similar fashion to a former player's knee jerk reaction after a loss? Social media is great until it isn't.

• Fire 3

Tommie was on Twitter and then on his show trying to be controversial and drum up some listeners.

What is Bo supposed to say?

I have no problem with how Bo handled it.

This has nothing to do with the "entire former player fraternity" unless they are also on their radio shows and Twitter undermining the team and lobbing grenades at our current coach.