South Dakota State: Let's talk about our next opponent

ladyhawke

After living in Brookings for 7 months on an internship and attending USD, I have grown an undying hatred for all things SDSU. I hope that the Jacks lose this game, and every other sporting event they partake in again, by the score of 70-0, and that they quit claiming to have invented cookies and cream ice cream.

I think the key to success here on this game will be to have the team play full intensity, both sides of the ball all game long. If they do that... stay focused and intense... irrespective of score (and I anticipate NU will have a large margin of victory here) it will be good preparation for conference play. I do not mean keep the starters in all game and run up the score --- what I mean is rotate in many people --- get some real minutes of value for back-ups and develop depth on Saturday and have everyone --- including back-ups --- play focused intense football.

Hey, Husker fans. I'm both an avid Jacks and Huskers fan so will give you my $.02 on the Jackrabbits. They are the only team I would wear anything but red for in Lincoln. The Jacks are a fundamentally sound football team. The offense is our strength. Great rushing attack mixed with a lot of play action. Solid O-line creates great holes for Zach Zenner. He's the real deal. Quarterback is a solid player and has adequate receivers. Our defense is young but playing well. The D-line and LB's are solid. Weak link is D-Backs but last week they had four picks. Have struggled to get pressure on the quarterback. Solid special teams play and a very good PK. The Jacks played N to 17-3 game three years ago. This Jackrabbit team is a lot better than that team. I know it sounds clichéd but they are coming to Lincoln to win the game. They are looking for a signature win to elevate the program. Big Red needs to be ready to play. Will they be? Isn't that the million dollar question. As a season ticket-holder for both, this is an exciting week. It's a big stage for SDSU. Yeah, and we're getting a much needed check. If the Huskers rally around the coach then I expect a fairly easy win for them. Bring the B or C game then watch out. Pelini was very complimentary of SDSU a few years ago. No way he is sleeping through this one. Should be interesting. My inner Husker is hurting but my inner Jackrabbit smells blood in the water and can't wait for the opportunity. Nothing like a game in Lincoln! See you Friday night! SUPERBUNNY

Good luck to both your teams.

Ive been concerned about Taylor since week 1, the boot just confirms it. But giving RK3 and TA some quality reps this week and the bye next week will give Taylor some rest before B1G play begins. I think the players unite this week and turn in a solid game. GBR

I'd be cool with sitting Taylor for this one out of injury concerns. RK3 and TA could definitely manage this one well.

Perfect perfect weather.

Saturday: Clear. High of 77F. Winds less than 5 mph

Would you say the weather is fair? Would this suggest we might sell out the stadium this week?

Its 50-50. Depends on all the Bo Pelini Headhunters actually stick to their word and boycott the team they claim to love.

After living in Brookings for 7 months on an internship and attending USD, I have grown an undying hatred for all things SDSU. I hope that the Jacks lose this game, and every other sporting event they partake in again, by the score of 70-0, and that they quit claiming to have invented cookies and cream ice cream.

DakTronics located at Brookings (HQ). Founded in 1968 by two SDSU professors. DakTronics produced the large video displays, electronic voting systems, scoreboard timers, digital billboards, electronic signs, sound systems, etc.......the world's largest suppliers by far. Almost every worldwide stadiums, arenas, highway signs, billboards, etc. built by DakTronics. Like Godzillatron in Texas U boosts the largest video display in the Western hemisphere.

see http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Daktronics

Perfect perfect weather.

Saturday: Clear. High of 77F. Winds less than 5 mph

Would you say the weather is fair? Would this suggest we might sell out the stadium this week?

Its 50-50. Depends on all the Bo Pelini Headhunters actually stick to their word and boycott the team they claim to love.

That's a new one.

I know it sounds clichéd but they are coming to Lincoln to win the game. They are looking for a signature win to elevate the program. Big Red needs to be ready to play.

Every team comes to win and every team is looking for a signature win. Good luck this week. You'll need it. The pellini crew will be looking to rebound from last week and the huskers will be hitting. Look out for a husker rout.

Hopefully it will be an injury free game.

Hey, Husker fans. I'm both an avid Jacks and Huskers fan so will give you my $.02 on the Jackrabbits. They are the only team I would wear anything but red for in Lincoln. The Jacks are a fundamentally sound football team. The offense is our strength. Great rushing attack mixed with a lot of play action. Solid O-line creates great holes for Zach Zenner. He's the real deal. Quarterback is a solid player and has adequate receivers. Our defense is young but playing well. The D-line and LB's are solid. Weak link is D-Backs but last week they had four picks. Have struggled to get pressure on the quarterback. Solid special teams play and a very good PK. The Jacks played N to 17-3 game three years ago. This Jackrabbit team is a lot better than that team. I know it sounds clichéd but they are coming to Lincoln to win the game. They are looking for a signature win to elevate the program. Big Red needs to be ready to play. Will they be? Isn't that the million dollar question. As a season ticket-holder for both, this is an exciting week. It's a big stage for SDSU. Yeah, and we're getting a much needed check. If the Huskers rally around the coach then I expect a fairly easy win for them. Bring the B or C game then watch out. Pelini was very complimentary of SDSU a few years ago. No way he is sleeping through this one. Should be interesting. My inner Husker is hurting but my inner Jackrabbit smells blood in the water and can't wait for the opportunity. Nothing like a game in Lincoln! See you Friday night! SUPERBUNNY

Thanks for your input. I am an SDSU grad, probably before you were born. I will be wearing red on Saturday. I do, however, agree with your assessment. You are spot on. Any small thing, like the missed sack against UCLA, could change the game drastically. SDSU was in the game until the end, last time around. Let any team hang around long enough and it will come back to bite you in the rear. Huskers need to be prepared, physically, mentally and emotionally.