Random thumbs up to the whole board

Number12

Thanks to the overwhelming majority of people on this board who keep everything civil and in perspective. Things have gotten ugly and weird and very attacky at another Husker board I usually read (I'm sure some of you could guess the one), so the discussion here has been a welcome sight. I'll definitely be hanging around this place more often.

• Fire 2

Good grief, how can we not stay civil? :)

I agree! ive given a thanks each year, to the design, mods, decorum, humor, insight, insider info, knowledge, and general fun on this board since I've been logged in (jan of 07, lurked for about 8 months before that).

When over 425 people get on in a matter of an hour when the sh#t hits the fan and I'm not flaming mad because of the discussion? Hell yeah, this is the best place to play in Husker Nation there is!!

Huskerboard Power

• Fire 1

I say . . .

Go to hell with all your civil talk. We have battles to fight here and sides to pick!

Seriously, I come here for the civil discussion. Sometimes I get a little mood swing to the uber-optimistic, or the reverse, but this board is kind enough to give me reasonable arguments one way or the other and keep things fairly in perspective.

This last 48 hours has been among the oddest I recall as a Husker fan since about 1979 or so.

We are just about through it, I think, and I hope the distraction doesn't hurt the team for the rest of the year. We've got a great shot at the conference, and we have a LOT of promising young guys loaded up for coming years.

This is also the only board I post on for the most part. I also check out and sometimes post on other conference teams forums, or on those of opponents for upcoming games, but I am generally fortunate and find equally respectful fans.