Olbermann: Bo Pelini's Satyricornhuskers

I agree and hear what you are saying. But there is a major group of Pelini backers that want to say "A-ha see? It was a scandal - Bo did nothing wrong! It's a scandal! Free Bo!" So yeah, fools.

People are legitimately upset that someone trotted out that tape. I don't care how it affects Bo Pelini as a distinct matter. He can kiss my f*&$ing ass on the way out the f*&$ing door as far as I'm concerned. But it has done serious harm to the program. So, yeah, I'm pissed off at the leaker, too.

So we find out who released it. What then? Will people harass him? Send letters to his employer? That would look pretty darn bad and keep the story in the news indefinitely. "Husker Don'ts" would become a regular Deadspin feature. Just drop it.

That's the important distinction - WE don't need to know who the tipster is, and I hope for that person's sake WE never do.

But for the damage they've done to the program going forward, I would certainly hope that the University finds and punishes this person.

I don't have a problem with that. A duty of loyalty was owed and breached.

I suppose it's inevitable the leaker's identity will be nailed down if it hasn't been already. Someone rash enough to send the recording to Deadspin probably left more than a few breadcrumbs. The questions will be of the breadth of dissemination and the reaction. Now that things have died down a little, I can't really see a mob ripping this guy or gal limb from limb. I'd worry a little about collateral damage to innocents associated with the leaker, but that's speculation and I'm a softie.