Bo Pelini Scandal Special with Adam Carriker, Roy Helu and Will Compton on 4th & Pain

what Carriker said at the end of the video is spot on. if we go 9-4 which seems likely we need to put a timetable on pelini for how much time he's gonna get to get Nebraska over the hump

I agree it's a valid point......but seriously, is head coaching turnover every 6 years the answer either?

no but you should have expectations for where your program should be after a certain period of time. if you would have asked me when Pelini was hired if I would be happy with zero conference titles in 5 years probably 6 years I would have said no and that 5-6 years is enough time to at least win a conference title. it tuff because he does win 9 games a year and even with this defense Nebraska should win 9 with this schedule but how long do you settle for 9 wins a year with no hardware

How do you define over the hump? 10-2 with losses being blowouts or 9-4/8-5 with the losses being super competitive. It's not just cut and dried here. And you cant require championships, you just cant. I demand progress. So yes, as hard as it is to believe, I'm getting a little impatient myself. But, I'm also 100% for the program regardless, and coaching changes and starting over are never a good thing. As long as the effort is there and the wheels dont come off-which we're no where close to at the moment (seriously, we're not)-and we keep winning a significant amount of games (9-10 at least), a coaching change is and should be completely out of the question.

• Fire 1

How do you define over the hump? 10-2 with losses being blowouts or 9-4/8-5 with the losses being super competitive. It's not just cut and dried here. And you cant require championships, you just cant. I demand progress. So yes, as hard as it is to believe, I'm getting a little impatient myself. But, I'm also 100% for the program regardless, and coaching changes and starting over are never a good thing. As long as the effort is there and the wheels dont come off-which we're no where close to at the moment (seriously, we're not)-and we keep winning a significant amount of games (9-10 at least), a coaching change is and should be completely out of the question.

I think the next step or getting over the hump would be winning a conference though, Pelini has done a good job of getting to three in five years so the next step would actually winning one. its a real crappy position to be in because he has been so consistence with the 9-10 wins i just don't know if that will be enough eventually he's gonna have to do more

I am more concerned about his record vs BCS competition .....0 for our last 3....etc

And in the 70's, we were concerned about Osborne's record vs Oklahoma. And in the 80's into the 90's we were concerned about Osborne losing 7 straight bowl games. I can't argue about the blowout losses, I don't like them either, but sticking with a coach for 25 paid very high dividends. And by the way, a few OU/Nebraska scores from early in Osborne's tenure.....1973, OU 27 NU nada......1975, OU 35 Good Guys 10......1977, OU 38 Good Guys 7. (and soon thereafter TO was considering leaving Nebraska....what?????).

Good stuff.....but I think AC comments are very valid.....and this is a guy that LOVE BP! He can still see reality.........when your defense is continually getting kill on BIG games.......there has to be a convo happening.......BO is a defensive guy according to ALL parties........so if the defense keeps melting........the convo has to be brought up. Also like what he said about TF.......I know many people blow off Tommie but the guy, at the end of the day does live and bleed NE red........and it hurts him and many other NE classics just like it does the rest of us. He has NO official title with UN.......so what he says is NOT CHECKED by the university.......which many might not like.....but it is from the heart. I don't get the posters who HATE on these former "glory" players who voice their opinion.......they are only doing it because they KNOW what it takes to be great and what needs to be done to be great......and they are trying to pass THAT on.

Good interview...........BO doesn't hate NE like Calley did.....but he has to step up and make a turn

• Fire 1

Our defensive performances the last 3 years have been appalling. Cosgrove was fired for less? Think about that. Bo's D own 4 of our top 10 D melt downs. Not to mention most yrds given up, most points in a quarter etc...........

Look at Bo's record as a DC. Very good. MNC at OU, LSU. Our D in 2003.

Look at Bohl as DC at NU, now as HC at ND.

Some guys are better at the big picture and some are not. Bo has the ability as evidenced by the product he has fielded at the above and even NU. His issue is lack of supporting cast. A brand new HC cannot be expected to coach the D (very young), help with the O, recruit etc..... Bo is doing TOO MUCH.

We have an O whose OC in year 3, continues to admit, "I called a bad game", we tried to do to much etc......... Beck has some serious faults that in year 3 with a 4th year starter, seniors abound, should not be having. It is inexcusable.

On D, we have a DC who has no apparent clue what to do. Instead of allowing Bo to watch film, coach etc Bo is hamstrung to help out our D to the detriment of our overall performance.

The hump is not getting embarrassed. Losing sux, but if we at least play as though we belong on the same field, cold have won save for a break or one play, that shows improvement. Seeing sound, fundamentals would be a HUGE SIGN, no more self inflcited penalties, the ability to get punched in the mouth and punch back, beating teams we should etc......

• Fire 2